badwool
Sub Adult

658 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2012 :  19:43:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peruvian Red Tail

Or

Brazilian Rainbow

????????????

For some reason also i'm really apprehensive about getting a boa, even a smaller one, but i love the look of them so much.

carlb1981
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1527 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2012 :  20:21:52  Show Profile  Visit carlb1981's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Brbs are gorgeous i love the irridescent rainbow effect on there scales but they grow a bit big for me to be allowed one maybe when my little boy is bigger and my partner stops being stupid thinking it would eat him cos its big lol

3.3.0 Royals,Yellow Belly -Marty,Fire YB-Fred,Mojave-Mo,Butter Pinstripe-Betty,Pewter-Newt,Normal-Molly
0.1.0 Snow Cornsnake- Lumi
1.1.0 Hypo Sonoran Dwarf Boa-Bart and Maggie
0.1.0 Albino Pine Snake-Ruby
1.0.0 Bredli Python-Brian
1.0.0 Western Hognose-Hal
1.0.0 Kayuadi Retic-Kaa
0.1.0 Honduran Milksnake-Jubbly
1.1.0 Salmon Boas-Hershey and Sam
0.2.0 Leopard Geckos-Spot and Chocolate
1.4.0 Dune Geckos
0.1.0 Beardie-Cookie
0.3.7 Tarantulas
0.0.1 Pandinus Imperator/emperor scorpion
Go to Top of Page

chrisc
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
3326 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2012 :  20:21:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if i had the money and room i would get a the peruvian or any other locality boa.
boas are awesome, have you had chance to handle any boas yet?
may help if your a bit apprehencive

1.0.0 burmese python,giblet. 1.0.0 BCI, william. 0.1.0 blue tongue skink, 0.1.0 green iguana, jasmin, 1.0.0 cape house snake, 0.1.0 checkered garter snake

my youtube. http://www.youtube.com/user/pegrocks
incubate 2 campaign
https://www.facebook.com/incubate2
Go to Top of Page

badwool
Sub Adult

658 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2012 :  20:42:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've handled brb and crb before, but viper and vine have the Peruvian red tail and afaik they are a dwarf species? I love brb but they don't have the angular head I love so much. Maybe I will handle some first.

Go to Top of Page

Baobab
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1393 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2012 :  20:47:18  Show Profile  Send Baobab an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I don't know about the temperament of those two types, but the common boas are just so laid back. You definitely need a boa in you're life.
The rainbows are gorgeous though.

Royal 8.0 - Piebald (Dipstick), Calico (Flake), Pinstripe (Copper), Kingpin het Hypo (Gabriel), Soulsucker (Morgoth), Clown (Ziggy), Phantom (Spook), Enchi( Stenchi) .................Royal 0.12 - Pastel (Elanor), Spider (Willow), Normal het pied (Loki),, Pastel Sterling Orange Hypo (Misty), Normal (WC parents) (Cinders), Pewter (Tinuviel), Yellowbelly (Kaiko), Mojave (Milly), Champagne (Bubbles), Fire (Flame), Karma paradox (Smudge), Amoretti (Rita).Boa's 2.2.1- Eowyn (common), Snuggles (BCC), Bonnie (BCC), Bear (BCL) & Baileys (Kahl strain)..........Western Hognose 0.0.2 - Timmy & Henry.
Coastal*diamond carpet python 0.0.1- Pippin.........Brazilian Rainbow Boa 0.0.1 - Badger..........Granite Burmese 0.1 - Sally
Reticulated python 2.2 - Saru (purple albino), Cheesy (Sunfire albino white), Titan (Platinum Titanium) & Gala (Sunfiretiger het albino)......Rat snake 1.0 Remmy.
Go to Top of Page

chrisc
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
3326 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2012 :  20:51:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the preuvians are one of the larger BCC's.
think their temperments are similar to commons but still depends on the snake, my youngest common boa is a bitey little thing but hes only 5 months old an needs more handling

if your on facebook join the group BOADICCTION some very knowlegable boa keepers/breeders on there

1.0.0 burmese python,giblet. 1.0.0 BCI, william. 0.1.0 blue tongue skink, 0.1.0 green iguana, jasmin, 1.0.0 cape house snake, 0.1.0 checkered garter snake

my youtube. http://www.youtube.com/user/pegrocks
incubate 2 campaign
https://www.facebook.com/incubate2

Edited by - chrisc on 24/09/2012 20:53:16
Go to Top of Page

carlb1981
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1527 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2012 :  20:57:15  Show Profile  Visit carlb1981's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just had my male Sonoran x central out for 5 he has gorgeous little puppy dog eyes lol seems to be chilled enough and wasn't at all skittish when i went to pick him up

3.3.0 Royals,Yellow Belly -Marty,Fire YB-Fred,Mojave-Mo,Butter Pinstripe-Betty,Pewter-Newt,Normal-Molly
0.1.0 Snow Cornsnake- Lumi
1.1.0 Hypo Sonoran Dwarf Boa-Bart and Maggie
0.1.0 Albino Pine Snake-Ruby
1.0.0 Bredli Python-Brian
1.0.0 Western Hognose-Hal
1.0.0 Kayuadi Retic-Kaa
0.1.0 Honduran Milksnake-Jubbly
1.1.0 Salmon Boas-Hershey and Sam
0.2.0 Leopard Geckos-Spot and Chocolate
1.4.0 Dune Geckos
0.1.0 Beardie-Cookie
0.3.7 Tarantulas
0.0.1 Pandinus Imperator/emperor scorpion
Go to Top of Page

badwool
Sub Adult

658 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2012 :  21:19:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dont think i'd get a neonate anyway tbh, i'd probably get a cb10/11

I will handle some on saturday and see what i think, gutted i didnt get chance to properly look at donny.

Go to Top of Page

LittlestarRed
Yearling

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2012 :  09:40:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like both, but it depends really. I was told that some of the dwarf varieties can be a bit more bitey than common Boa's.

My Honduran BCI is testament to that! He's the most temperamental snake I own but also one of my favs. He was a hell of a challenge when we first got him back in January, but with regular handling he tamed down well. He still has the odd 'bad' day but I'm getting better at spotting his moods before I get bitten!

My BRB on the other hand is puppy dog tame but hides a lot! Other than feeding day, or if I physically remove him from his hide I hardly see him, which is a shame.

I wish I could have more Boa's, but hubby prefers the Royals so we have more of those LOL.

Boa's get a bad rep, but most I've handled and seen have been fantastic! I love them!!

There are so many types, I'm sure you could find one you like! :)

Royals:1.2 Normals 'Hector'(He's my Baby! lol),'Lily' & 'Satan',0.1 Albino 'Alice', 0.2 Bumblebees 'Belle' & 'unnamed', 0.1 Pinstripe 'Stripy', 1.0 Pastel het Albino 'Pasty' 1.0 HG Woma 'Helix' & 0.1 Lesser 'Honey' 1.0 Enchi 'Max',0.1 Pewter Fader 'Pandora' and 1.0 Clown 'Krusty'. Others: 0.1 Corn 'Nagini', 1.0 BRB 'Juju', 1.0 Honduran BCI 'Lucius', 1.1 Beardies 'Beanie and Snuggle' and 1.0 Yemen Chameleon 'Jasper'(a.k.a Hissy Fusspot).
Go to Top of Page

Cookie
Yearling

United Kingdom
205 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2012 :  23:24:32  Show Profile  Visit Cookie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Would love a rainbow boa! They are stunning! I've got a BCI, just about 6ft long, and although I havent been biten yet, it hasnt stopped him trying when I reach in to get him out lol. He's ok when he's out of the tank, providing you dont mind having your arm/hand/leg etc crushed because he always seems to constrict on me! lol

1.2.0 Royal Pythons (Sebastian, Romeo & Gypsy)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000