New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JodiT
Yearling

United Kingdom
149 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2012 :  15:05:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've read loads of forums and websites about breeding royals, and I've followed all instructions to change temperatures etc. but I've put my royals together for the second time last night.. and they don't seem interested in each other!

They've curled up under a hide together at the moment but as far as I can see they haven't locked yet :(

Any tips at all guys? Do some royals just not 'fancy' eachother?

I feel like I'm asking silly questions, but this is my first time! And I can't seem to find a straight answer anywhere..

Thanks!

badwool
Sub Adult

658 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2012 :  15:55:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Get some Barry White on the go

Go to Top of Page

Baobab
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1393 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2012 :  17:02:12  Show Profile  Send Baobab an AOL message  Reply with Quote
This is when you find out you've got two boys.

Royal 8.0 - Piebald (Dipstick), Calico (Flake), Pinstripe (Copper), Kingpin het Hypo (Gabriel), Soulsucker (Morgoth), Clown (Ziggy), Phantom (Spook), Enchi( Stenchi) .................Royal 0.12 - Pastel (Elanor), Spider (Willow), Normal het pied (Loki),, Pastel Sterling Orange Hypo (Misty), Normal (WC parents) (Cinders), Pewter (Tinuviel), Yellowbelly (Kaiko), Mojave (Milly), Champagne (Bubbles), Fire (Flame), Karma paradox (Smudge), Amoretti (Rita).Boa's 2.2.1- Eowyn (common), Snuggles (BCC), Bonnie (BCC), Bear (BCL) & Baileys (Kahl strain)..........Western Hognose 0.0.2 - Timmy & Henry.
Coastal*diamond carpet python 0.0.1- Pippin.........Brazilian Rainbow Boa 0.0.1 - Badger..........Granite Burmese 0.1 - Sally
Reticulated python 2.2 - Saru (purple albino), Cheesy (Sunfire albino white), Titan (Platinum Titanium) & Gala (Sunfiretiger het albino)......Rat snake 1.0 Remmy.
Go to Top of Page

JodiT
Yearling

United Kingdom
149 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2012 :  17:12:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've had them sexed.. but now you've got me worried haha.

Is there any other way I can 'set the mood' shall we say? I'm trying to do everything right because it's my first time breeding royals.

0.1 Normal Royal - Fifi
1.0 Normal Royal - Milo
1.0 Spider Royal - Rupert
0.1 Corn Snake - Flo
Go to Top of Page

jonoandapril
Yearling

United Kingdom
455 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2012 :  19:00:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
is it there first time breeding? my pairing for this year didnt seem that interested at first, but after about an hour they were firmly 'at it'. since then theyve locked about 50% of the time. maybe some just take a while to figure it out or something? like i say, this season is my first aswell, so cant really give solid advice.

1.1.0 corns (amel + carolina)
2.3.0 normal, fire, pastel and 2 bumblebee royals
1.0.0 jungle carpet python
Go to Top of Page

JodiT
Yearling

United Kingdom
149 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2012 :  10:09:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah it's their first time breeding and their first time ever seeing another snake so I suppose they are a bit nervous? Haha.

Last night they were both under the same hide together (how they both fit under there I'll never know because they are both quite big but the hide is rather small!) and they were still in there when I woke up this morning..

I can't see anything going on because they are hidden and I don't want to disturb them.. so I'll just have to wait I guess!

Another question though, this is their second day being in the same viv together.. but obviously I haven't witnessed a lock yet. Do I still need to do the 3 days on, 3 days off thing even though they may not have locked?

0.1 Normal Royal - Fifi
1.0 Normal Royal - Milo
0.1 Corn Snake - Flo
Go to Top of Page

Evolution Morphs
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2265 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2012 :  12:23:03  Show Profile  Visit Evolution Morphs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not nervous just don't know what to do
Instinct will kick in
Have to seen the female tiling her tail Wag ?
That's a good sign she wants sexy time

I'd remove hides
Are they on news paper?
As I find they like to drag there bits about lol

Give the hot end a little spray to up humidity

3 days on try and feed then wait 5 days
And have another go of 3 days on unless you see a lock then I'd remove him after they have finished
No need to over work the male

And a bit of Barry white playing in the back ground will work wonders ;)

Have a look here if you ain't

http://www.ballpython.ca/gallery/breeding.html

now on facebook

Royal Pythons
http://www.facebook.com/EvolutionMorphs

Western Hognose

Edited by - Evolution Morphs on 04/10/2012 12:26:34
Go to Top of Page

JodiT
Yearling

United Kingdom
149 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2012 :  13:15:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I first put them in together they both went under the same hide then the female came out after about an hour wagging her tail. Since I've never seen her do this before I found it quite amusing! I'm going to pop home now and check on them.. And will hopefully find them locked!!

Thanks for your help! If all else fails I'll crank up the Barry White!

0.1 Normal Royal - Fifi
1.0 Normal Royal - Milo
0.1 Corn Snake - Flo
Go to Top of Page

Evolution Morphs

United Kingdom
2265 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2012 :  15:23:46  Show Profile  Visit Evolution Morphs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good sign that's she's waging her tail

Good luck ;)

now on facebook

Royal Pythons

Western Hognose
Go to Top of Page

JodiT
Yearling

United Kingdom
149 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2012 :  15:39:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your help! Getting quite excited now, I've just got to remember to be patient because I know I've got a long wait ahead of me...

0.1 Normal Royal - Fifi
1.0 Normal Royal - Milo
0.1 Corn Snake - Flo
Go to Top of Page

Evolution Morphs

United Kingdom
2265 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2012 :  16:06:38  Show Profile  Visit Evolution Morphs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yep long time lol

I paired my female pastel to my male pinstripe this feb
And I hatched 7 babies
10th September lol
Although it may be quicker

now on facebook

Royal Pythons

Western Hognose

Edited by - Evolution Morphs on 04/10/2012 16:07:33
Go to Top of Page

JodiT
Yearling

United Kingdom
149 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2012 :  16:35:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I suppose good things come to those who wait! :)

0.1 Normal Royal - Fifi
1.0 Normal Royal - Milo
0.1 Corn Snake - Flo
Go to Top of Page

JodiT
Yearling

United Kingdom
149 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2012 :  08:09:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Woke up at 2am and though I'd have a little peek in the viv and they were locked!! :) I'm so excited, thanks everyone for your advice :)

0.1 Normal Royal - Fifi
1.0 Normal Royal - Milo
0.1 Corn Snake - Flo
Go to Top of Page

Evolution Morphs

United Kingdom
2265 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2012 :  08:30:04  Show Profile  Visit Evolution Morphs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Congrats :)

now on facebook

Royal Pythons

Western Hognose
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2012 :  09:31:21  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Now comes the hard part lol

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

JodiT
Yearling

United Kingdom
149 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2012 :  17:49:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha yep :( I'm going to have to make an incubator as well..

0.1 Normal Royal - Fifi
1.0 Normal Royal - Milo
0.1 Corn Snake - Flo
Go to Top of Page

JodiT
Yearling

United Kingdom
149 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2012 :  14:13:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got another definate lock! :) so happy

How long do I have to keep putting them together and getting them to lock, is it basically until Fifi starts showing she's making eggs?

0.1 Normal Royal - Fifi
1.0 Normal Royal - Milo
0.1 Corn Snake - Flo
Go to Top of Page

ppl_clectr
Yearling

Canada
226 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2012 :  14:24:20  Show Profile  Visit ppl_clectr's Homepage  Click to see ppl_clectr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Through the season, 3 days on then 3 days off. The Markus Jayne guide is available on line and it is what I follow. http://www.ballpython.ca/gallery/breeding.html

SherriR
Go to Top of Page

Robert
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
957 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2012 :  16:07:54  Show Profile  Visit Robert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I started my breeding season 2 weeks ago paired a male cinnamon pewter with a lemon pastel and observed a lock on the second day which is a good start :) I prefer to leave the males 3 days with the female and then 5 days rest so as not to wear them out too quickly. The Markus Jayne guide is well worth a read through as ppl_clectr has said above

Go to Top of Page

JodiT
Yearling

United Kingdom
149 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2012 :  12:59:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So far so good :) I've been giving them 3 or 4 days rest in between and everything seems to be fine. Fifi is eating every single time I feed her (which is rare for her) which I'm also taking as a good sign!

I got a good video of her 'wagging' her tail yesterday, which still makes me laugh no matter how many times I watch it :)

Just another quick question: the last couple of times I have put them together they have locked within the first day, stop for a few hours then lock again.. is this normal? And after they have locked the first time should I take Milo out, or leave him in there for the full three days? From looking at the Markus Jayne guide, I assume they separate after a lock has been made?

0.1 Normal Royal - Fifi
1.0 Normal Royal - Milo
0.1 Corn Snake - Flo
Go to Top of Page

ppl_clectr
Yearling

Canada
226 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2012 :  18:10:29  Show Profile  Visit ppl_clectr's Homepage  Click to see ppl_clectr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yes they do separate when they're "done". If you witness a lock, give your boy his 3 days off once they separate.

SherriR
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000