Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bobsya
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2012 :  12:23:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi
I'am new Python keeper and have a CB11 female common Royal, at the moment she is housed in a 30" wood terrarium[/url]http://www.bluelizardreptiles.co.uk/housing/vivariums/5060127652341 but I'm finding it hard to maintain the temp in the cold side currently I am using an 11" x 17" 20 Watt heat mat that is fitted under the terrarium so my Royal is not in direct contact with the heat mat.
I am going to be moving her into 2ft Viv and was going to fit a ceramic heat bulb as many people on the forum have advised this is best for Royals.
I was wondering if anyone has or would recommend using a Microclimate AHS Unit instead of a ceramic bulb.
I know everyone has there preferences but I just want to give my Royal the best habitat possible.

Cheers
Bobsya

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2012 :  12:25:31  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
For a royal in a viv that size I wouldn't use an AHS it would be a bit overkill the bulb would do fine. But either would work as long as they're on thermostats :)

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

bobsya
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2012 :  12:49:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Kelfezond

Thanks for the quick response the AHS unit come's with a fitted thermostat, guess I will have to way up the options as the cost is roughly the same once you have brought a separate thermostat, ceramic bulb and guard
Go to Top of Page

Fezza
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1063 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2012 :  14:47:23  Show Profile  Visit Fezza's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The stat on the AHS can be a pita to get set correctly

For the price of an AHS you could get a decent bulb and stat setup that'll be a lot easier to use

1.0.0 normal royal
1.0.0 mojave royal
1.0.0 pastel enchi royal
0.1.0 cinnamon royal
0.1.0 pewter royal
0.1.0 genetic stripe royal
0.1.0 lesser goblin royal
0.1.0 phantom royal
0.1.0 Columbian rainbow boa
0.0.1 aru x jaya GTP
0.1.0 bredli
1.0.0 trans pecos rat snake
1.0.0 fat black cat
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2012 :  14:50:13  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Also bare in mind the "built in guard" on the AHS is rubbish! Mine gets upto 100c when it's running full power, you'd definitely need a seperate guard for it.

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000