Royal Python Breeding
 Decided to pair
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bone
Hatchling

63 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2012 :  10:59:03  Show Profile  Visit Bone's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well I decided to pair my royals today. Being a newbie to royal breeding I thought I would try and document it on a thread.

Pair one- double hets within minutes of being in together the female as her tail straight up in the air. I can only presume this is a good thing.

Pair two- spider initial reaction they had a quick look at each other and went there separate ways.

Pair three- I am not expecting much from these just yet.

Pair four-normal- male is in with the spider.

www.featheredflyer.co.uk

Edited by - Bone on 09/11/2012 10:59:52

rockroyal
Yearling

United Kingdom
470 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2012 :  11:54:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wish you all the luck in the world buddy I'll keep my fingers crossed the pairings lock

3.1.0 royal python
2.0.0 corn snake
0.1.0 western hognose
0.1.0 bci
Go to Top of Page

Bone
Hatchling

63 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2012 :  12:36:36  Show Profile  Visit Bone's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well I woke up this morning to find this from the double het pair.Not sure how long they have been there but atleast 4 hours since I have been up.

The het albino female is protecting the male I have looked in the viv a couple of times and I get the feeling she will have a strike if given the chance.

Spider female and male pastel butter are now in the same hide no lock but the first few hours the went there separate ways.

www.featheredflyer.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2012 :  12:53:27  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Best of luck!!

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

Evolution Morphs
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2265 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2012 :  13:17:35  Show Profile  Visit Evolution Morphs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well done bone and snakeys :)
Good luck on proven out the hets :)

now on facebook

Royal Pythons
http://www.facebook.com/EvolutionMorphs

Western Hognose
Go to Top of Page

Bone
Hatchling

63 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2012 :  13:33:41  Show Profile  Visit Bone's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have paired again

Pair one- Possible double hets locked on day 2

Pair two- Spider to Butter pastel I believe have locked never got chance for a picture.

Pair three- Albino to het albino still no interest.

Pair Four-Normal to butter still haven't paired yet.

www.featheredflyer.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Bone
Hatchling

63 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2012 :  15:57:27  Show Profile  Visit Bone's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi I believe my female is ovulating she as a massive lump down her body as described. The lump starts at the back of the rub

She is miserable and doesn't want me to touch her. I believe after the first lock I witnessed the lumping down her body.

Have I just caught her at the correct time? Or am I seeing something that isn't there? She hasn't been fed either.

This is the best picture I could get.

www.featheredflyer.co.uk

Edited by - Bone on 25/11/2012 15:58:45
Go to Top of Page

Bone
Hatchling

63 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2012 :  16:12:43  Show Profile  Visit Bone's Homepage  Reply with Quote
TBH I thought it was to quick. Something is going on because she didn't look like this Friday night.

www.featheredflyer.co.uk

Edited by - Bone on 25/11/2012 16:13:49
Go to Top of Page

Evolution Morphs

United Kingdom
2265 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2012 :  16:14:33  Show Profile  Visit Evolution Morphs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
when / if she ovulates
you will know theres no mistaking an ovulation
but from that picture id say no

poss building follicles

now on facebook

Royal Pythons

Western Hognose

Edited by - Evolution Morphs on 25/11/2012 16:16:40
Go to Top of Page

Bone
Hatchling

63 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2012 :  16:16:47  Show Profile  Visit Bone's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Could this be the lumping they talk about the growing of folicles?

Sorry never read your reply properly.

www.featheredflyer.co.uk

Edited by - Bone on 25/11/2012 16:17:26
Go to Top of Page

Evolution Morphs

United Kingdom
2265 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2012 :  16:19:52  Show Profile  Visit Evolution Morphs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
this is what your looking for next

from here no doubt your following the same guide

http://www.ballpython.ca/gallery/breeding.html

Developing Behavior

When females start to grow follicles their behavior changes. ****They seek the cooler end of the cage and often wrap themselves around their water bowls.*****
Whether it is too enhance the cold is purely speculative. It is very common and a very good indication of good things to come.

Lumping

I have often heard some breeders refer to their females as 'lumping up'. I'm not sure what that means exactly but I often see females wrapped around water bowls or not with what looks like lumps or kinks in their body. This seems to happen when building follicles.

They "Glow Before They Go!"

My females go through a drastic color change when they are nearing ovulation. They can change color up to 6 weeks before. I call it 'Glow before they go'. This usually takes place after their pre-ovulation shed. If they GLOW...they usually go!

now on facebook

Royal Pythons

Western Hognose

Edited by - Evolution Morphs on 25/11/2012 16:20:52
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000