New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2012 :  23:17:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Having a bit of a mare of a time with the first royal season . So i had them both in rubs , the room they are in gets cold when the heating isnt on , so i had put them into the viv for a few nights with an ifra red bulb , male was totally restless , the next nite i put the hides in with them , the female slinked off and stayed in her hide , he just went in and came back out . managed to get a ceramic today as i figured it could be the light . so changed it , took hides out for now , hes still totally restless and showing no more interest in the female who seems calm and curled up .

I havent seen any locks with the two of them either in the viv or in the rub . The only thing i saw was him spur rubbing near her tail but she didnt react . i pair them for 5 days seperate and feed and have tried this on three occasions . Hes 856 grams give or take and shes 1780 grams give or take , neither have been bred before . Shes feeding now with me as she hadnt fed for the guy since Oct the 5th and i got her the beginning of november and she took for me and is now feeding fine . The male had been eating for the lady i got him off , but has since not had anything from me . Temps in the viv are sitting at 25-27 cool end 31 warm . The viv isnt massive , just over 2.5 foot by 1.5 .

The person I got the female off had her co habiting with a male or around 800 grams , he said the male was "too young " to breed and when i questioned about seeing any locks he hadnt seen any at all . Could this be the reason shes not interested in the male ?

Any ideas what i could do ? am i over thinking it ? why is he so restless ? Sorry just my first ever time pairing snakes .

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

jbarlow91
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
897 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2012 :  07:59:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Probably just got to work out what to do lol if its their first time it won't be the light as they don't see infra red lol. I'd keep on pairing them and should get some locks eventually.

0.1.0 snow corn Ruby 1.0.0 ghost corn-Oreo
1.0.0 bearded dragon- kato
0.1.0 bearded dragon- keita
1.0.0 cali king-Taz
0.1.0 royal-Clio
1.0.0 yellowbelly royal- Moose
0.1.0 hognose jinxx
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: