Boa noises
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Foremand
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
968 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2013 :  17:17:13  Show Profile  Click to see Foremand's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I got my red tail out today and he was fine for me to handle him etc but for some reason I let him wander around the floor and every now and then made a very quiet hissing noise. Not a hiss as angry scared Etc he just seemed to make this very gentle noise. To the point I thought a window was passing a draft lol

His eyes are starting to go glazed n mirror so maybe hes in a pre shed but he's seems spot on in him self.

Or are they known to make noises

1.0.0 Royal python- Kaa
1.0.0 German shepherd- Riley
0.3.0 Cats- Does not matter they won't come to you
1.0.0 Red Footed Tortoise- Nemo
1.0.0 Boa- Bison
0.0.1 Brocky- Bearded dragon

chrisc
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
3326 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2013 :  18:22:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i would say its just where the skin is tight around his nostril's where he's going into shed.
some of mine make a slight hissy/crackley noise when going into shed an sometime's make the noise for a few day's after shedding

1.0.0 burmese python,giblet. 1.0.0 BCI, william. 0.1.0 blue tongue skink, 0.1.0 green iguana, jasmin, 1.0.0 cape house snake, 0.1.0 checkered garter snake

my youtube. http://www.youtube.com/user/pegrocks
incubate 2 campaign
https://www.facebook.com/incubate2

Edited by - chrisc on 11/01/2013 18:23:56
Go to Top of Page

Foremand
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
968 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2013 :  18:34:24  Show Profile  Click to see Foremand's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Didn't think it was a hiss. Hoping for a good shed this time unlike his last one.

1.0.0 Royal python- Kaa
1.0.0 Boa- Bison
Go to Top of Page

chrisc

United Kingdom
3326 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2013 :  18:41:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
somewhere to soak an up the humidity an he should shed fine, boa's tend to be pretty good with shedding if the setup/humidity is right

1.0.0 burmese python,giblet. 1.0.0 BCI, william. 0.1.0 blue tongue skink, 0.1.0 green iguana, jasmin, 1.0.0 cape house snake, 0.1.0 checkered garter snake

incubate 2 campaign
Go to Top of Page

Foremand
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
968 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2013 :  18:46:41  Show Profile  Click to see Foremand's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah ill make sure all is well as last person kinda just left him as you saw the pics.

1.0.0 Royal python- Kaa
1.0.0 Boa- Bison
Go to Top of Page

chrisc

United Kingdom
3326 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2013 :  19:01:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes i remember the pic's.
did the previous owner's just get bored of him?

incubate 2 campaign
Go to Top of Page

richard v
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2013 :  19:50:40  Show Profile  Click to see richard v's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My boa is excatly the same when out makes massive sighs and the force at which the air comes out is amazing all really down to There windpipe which is very adaptive Its what makes them able to eat such large food items.My boa will inhale a large amount of air, then exhale loudly by forcing the air out the windpipe. She blows stuff around the kitchen.

Edited by - richard v on 11/01/2013 20:09:02
Go to Top of Page

Foremand
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
968 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2013 :  19:59:46  Show Profile  Click to see Foremand's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
To be honest Chris. Not sure he said he just moved house n had no room for reptiles which is fair enough. But he had no means of even helping the shed along. So ill make sure it's a better one.

And oh really maybe that's what it is. As his mouth never opens he just makes wind noises lol

1.0.0 Royal python- Kaa
1.0.0 Boa- Bison
Go to Top of Page

Baobab
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1393 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2013 :  12:09:32  Show Profile  Send Baobab an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Boas do love to huff and puff a bit. Especially when they are not getting their way. It can be quite loud sometimes. If you have your hand behind their head when they do it you'll feel a strong blast of breath.

Royal 8.0 - Piebald (Dipstick), Calico (Flake), Pinstripe (Copper), Kingpin het Hypo (Gabriel), Soulsucker (Morgoth), Clown (Ziggy), Phantom (Spook), Enchi( Stenchi) .................Royal 0.12 - Pastel (Elanor), Spider (Willow), Normal het pied (Loki),, Pastel Sterling Orange Hypo (Misty), Normal (WC parents) (Cinders), Pewter (Tinuviel), Yellowbelly (Kaiko), Mojave (Milly), Champagne (Bubbles), Fire (Flame), Karma paradox (Smudge), Amoretti (Rita).Boa's 2.2.1- Eowyn (common), Snuggles (BCC), Bonnie (BCC), Bear (BCL) & Baileys (Kahl strain)..........Western Hognose 0.0.2 - Timmy & Henry.
Coastal*diamond carpet python 0.0.1- Pippin.........Brazilian Rainbow Boa 0.0.1 - Badger..........Granite Burmese 0.1 - Sally
Reticulated python 2.2 - Saru (purple albino), Cheesy (Sunfire albino white), Titan (Platinum Titanium) & Gala (Sunfiretiger het albino)......Rat snake 1.0 Remmy.
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2013 :  22:51:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a rule when it comes to this. If its a noise from the head, nothing to dread. Out of the tail, epic fail.

All my lot as they have gotten bigger are more audible when they breathe, Sanke likes to get up onto my shoulder leaving her head right by my ear and you can hear and feel her breathing, it does sound like a little sigh.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000