A boa shedding
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Foremand
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
968 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2013 :  22:38:14  Show Profile  Click to see Foremand's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
After bring my boa back from my mums for a visit. He's gone into a full shed. And rubbing up against anything in his tank. I've changed his water n put wet cloths in there to help aid his shed. But question is..

My Missus seems to want me to go into his tank n help him remove all his loose skin. I've said no? Or could I? My only worry is him getting aggressive. And for a 6 footer I wouldn't want that. Should I leave him?

Thanks

1.0.0 Royal python- Kaa
1.0.0 German shepherd- Riley
0.3.0 Cats- Does not matter they won't come to you
1.0.0 Red Footed Tortoise- Nemo
1.0.0 Boa- Bison
0.0.1 Brocky- Bearded dragon

jonnyc1988
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
908 Posts

Posted - 18/01/2013 :  06:19:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If he's just started shedding then leave him to it. If there are still some bits he hasnt managed to get off after a few days then you could aid him. But dont just pull at the skin. You would need to bathe him then you could wrap him in a towel and hopefully as he slithers through the towel it will remove any excess. You can also buy "shed aid" in a spray bottle which helps. I tend to spray mine with it daily from when they go blue.

1.0.0 Pastel Royal Python - Juju CB11
0.1.0 Western Hognose - Hetti CB12
1.0.0 Fire Harlequin Crested Gecko - Jasper CB13
0.1.0 Het Kahl Common Boa (bci) - Pandora CB13
1.3.0 Viper geckos
1.1.0 66% PH Toffee 50% Kayuadi reticulated pythons
0.1.0 Platinum Tiger Reticulated python
Go to Top of Page

richard v
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 18/01/2013 :  08:13:55  Show Profile  Click to see richard v's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Most boas love to soak, sorry if you have already said this, but try putting a big bath for him in the viv a large rub should do he may soak in there to help himself.
Failing that it will be up to you to get a little hands on. My boa once had a a few pieces left, I just left her to soak in her transport container for about 30mins then put her through a damp towel worked fine, she is not happy at the best of times but it was ok no aggression. Be a good chance for you to gain some trust from him. Good luck
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000