Royal Python Breeding
 Water droplets
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bone
Hatchling

63 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2013 :  19:32:51  Show Profile  Visit Bone's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok i am getting a little concerned about the water droplets in the box in the incubator.i have started to put a few holes in the box and humidity is holding at 89% if u can believe the hydrometer. I am keeping good temps 31.1c to 31.6 which is 88f to 89f. Couple of questions i have researched what are the min and max temps for incubation? Also what is min humidity? Any tips for the water droplets? Do i just keep adding holes.no eggs yet due from Thursday.

www.featheredflyer.co.uk

Bone
Hatchling

63 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2013 :  14:56:34  Show Profile  Visit Bone's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Can anyone answer this please.

www.featheredflyer.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2013 :  15:00:50  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If you're refering to water drops on the lid of the egg boxes then it's completely normal. Mine are normally soaked every night I take the lid off and give it a wipe then replace it. If you add too many holes you'll lose the water and the humidity.

As for min and max temps personally I don't let my temps drop below 30 or raise above 32.

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

Bone
Hatchling

63 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2013 :  15:06:59  Show Profile  Visit Bone's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thankyou So i am worrying about nothing really. When people say they only open the egg box once a week how do they over come the water droplets?the reason i askf about min temps is because i have read other people incubating at lower temps so they dont risk cooking the eggs.just wondered what the tolerance was

www.featheredflyer.co.uk

Edited by - Bone on 13/06/2013 15:09:34
Go to Top of Page

hodgie
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1197 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2013 :  15:21:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What are you using as an incubator? if its doing the job properly your temps shouldn`t change.

Royals owned "lots"

Go to Top of Page

Bone
Hatchling

63 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2013 :  15:24:12  Show Profile  Visit Bone's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am using a poly box. My temps r good point 3 or 4 flux

www.featheredflyer.co.uk

Edited by - Bone on 13/06/2013 15:25:06
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000