Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Drinking
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

337smile
Yearling

296 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  23:45:27  Show Profile  Click to see 337smile's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Does anyone elses royal drink immediately after spraying the tank with water. O
I've only seen him drink twice and both times it has been about a minute after misting. I've only misted three times in a month , because humidity was at 35 . I wonder if he thinks it has been raining.

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2009 :  07:56:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have only seen one of my royals drink twice....

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2009 :  09:30:13  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I would never spray a Royal's tank, so can't answer I'm afraid.

Go to Top of Page

337smile
Yearling

296 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2009 :  09:35:16  Show Profile  Click to see 337smile's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I very rarely spray. Both times were because humidity was below 40%. it's encourages him to have a drink it appears
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2009 :  10:08:06  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
How are you measuring the humidity and where is the water bowl in relation to the heat source?

Go to Top of Page

337smile
Yearling

296 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2009 :  10:22:09  Show Profile  Click to see 337smile's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Using a dial type (I know, not accurate) but his last shed was a bit messy and my room is very dry so if it drops below 40 I give a quick spray. not soaking, just a light mist. Usually brings humidity on dial back to 50% for a week or so. water bowl is at opposite end to heat source.
Go to Top of Page

337smile
Yearling

296 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2009 :  10:25:52  Show Profile  Click to see 337smile's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
He's in a tiny packed out plastic faunarium, terranium, not sure the difference. I can't reply move the water bowl nearer heat because it's so cramped. He's fed 8 times in a row now so reluctant to change set up.
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2009 :  10:28:14  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I honestly can't see the humidity being that bad in there (usually too high is the problem in plastic), I just don't want you to end up with an RI because you have made the humidity too high due to a dial reading.

Go to Top of Page

karl
Fully Grown Royal

1069 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2009 :  10:47:06  Show Profile  Visit karl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If it's an exo terra faunarium they have LOTS of ventilation in the lid so humidity is hard to maintain in them.

I know my BRB used to drink EVERYTIME I sprayed, maybe like the fresh water?

Go to Top of Page

sexychef
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
692 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2009 :  11:19:28  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
just a random point if you have a fridge in you room they dry out the air really quickly.

1.0.0 western hognose 1.1.0 royals 2.1.0 corn snake
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2009 :  11:27:52  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Have you got a photo of your setup?

Go to Top of Page

337smile
Yearling

296 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2009 :  18:12:15  Show Profile  Click to see 337smile's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I appreciate your concern BE. I think I have over emphasised the misting. Its only very light and about once a fortnight. It is an Exo terra faunarium with loads of ventilation. The humidity appears to be ok the vast majority of the time and its only when the dial says 35 that I give it a quick little spray. Shop I bought it from told me to spray every three days but I ignored that advice because of comments on here re RI's. He seems to enjoy the quick spray and has a drink following it. Gimme ten minutes and I'll stick a pic of set up.
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2009 :  18:16:33  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
No probs

Go to Top of Page

337smile
Yearling

296 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2009 :  18:39:59  Show Profile  Click to see 337smile's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Photo's of setup in photo section under Richard parker.

Edited by - 337smile on 11/07/2009 18:57:01
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000