Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

ukglyn
Yearling

United Kingdom
109 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2009 :  18:30:07  Show Profile  Visit ukglyn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi all, just got round to weiging Slash my 09 royal, he tips the scales at 136grammes.
I still had no luck in findidng him rat fluffs/fuzzies as yet so he will have to have another mouse, these weigh 20g, so about right? I did get a rat weaner to look at, but it is huge & weighs 42g so that will have to wait in the freezer a while till he grows bigger!
He is still very jumpy when handled, if sudden movements or noise occurrs, but does settle quite well after a while.
Bless him

www.glyntjonesphotography.co.uk

Dazzetski
Yearling

United Kingdom
461 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2009 :  19:54:15  Show Profile  Visit Dazzetski's Homepage  Click to see Dazzetski's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
There's posts on here that you should be looking at, I think, 10-15% of snakey's weight is the weight of the mouse/rat that you should be feeding. As for the jumpiness mine are the same, so I wouldn't worry too much.

0.2.0 Cats (Spud & Phoebe) RIP Stevie fat man
1.1.0 Royals (Syd & Sofia)
2.2.3 Corns (Hogan, Shaggy, Sparkle, Tango, Fred, Haribo & Go Faster)
0.0.1 Columbian Rainbow Boa (Escobar)
1.1.0 Variable King Snakes (Lancelot & Guinaverre)
0.0.20 Fish
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2009 :  19:59:09  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
So yes, 20g is about right.

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2009 :  20:08:00  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
sounds good to me

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Go to Top of Page

ukglyn
Yearling

United Kingdom
109 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2009 :  20:23:13  Show Profile  Visit ukglyn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks all, just making sure I am on the right lines. Feed time in a bit.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2009 :  20:35:40  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good luck.

Go to Top of Page

337smile
Yearling

296 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2009 :  20:45:01  Show Profile  Click to see 337smile's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
WOW. Big boy!

Same here Glyn, No luck getting rat fluffs/fuzzies. Will keep trying, and if I find some I will buy their entire stock! He should settle with handling. Mine's fine with moves and noises, it's only sudden moves hear his head that he jumps at, but then I'm the same.

Tip for weighing; weigh after he's had a poo. It'll help keep an accurate record of his weight. Mine put on 15g in a week but only because he'd had another feed, so weighing when "empty" will remove that variable.

i'm feeding my 09 tonight too. One small mouseand rat pup. Race ya!

Lee

Edited by - 337smile on 19/07/2009 20:46:12
Go to Top of Page

ukglyn
Yearling

United Kingdom
109 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2009 :  21:14:55  Show Profile  Visit ukglyn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well he fed, but a right messy affair, the mouse split open as he constricted it, he then put his head inside its guts & rumaged about, horrible. He ate it though so thats the main thing.
He was that weight empty, so will try to weigh him in that state everytime.

Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2009 :  21:18:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ukglyn

Well he fed, but a right messy affair, the mouse split open as he constricted it, he then put his head inside its guts & rumaged about, horrible. He ate it though so thats the main thing.

great stuff...bet it was well smelly..lol..

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

Remmy
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
642 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2009 :  21:36:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Horrible to you maybe, not to slash

1.0.0 Ghost corn Tynan
0.1.0 Normal corn Sully
0.1.0 Royal Tilly
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2009 :  21:37:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Remmy

quote:

Horrible to you maybe, not to slash

yeah, makes it more tasty..lol..

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

337smile
Yearling

296 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2009 :  21:39:32  Show Profile  Click to see 337smile's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sounds like Slash is living up to his name. My stupid boy can't seem to see/smell black mice. Twice I've tried him now and both times he's struck but missed. Rat pups - fine, first time at head. Just removed mouse he missed. Try again in half an hour, might try putting light on.
Go to Top of Page

ukglyn
Yearling

United Kingdom
109 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2009 :  21:47:16  Show Profile  Visit ukglyn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
lol thanks all, he seemed to love it, made me feel sick the smell, then the tray I put in the viv to feed him on was all covered in blood & guts. Lee seems you might have a racist snake.

Go to Top of Page

337smile
Yearling

296 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2009 :  21:50:04  Show Profile  Click to see 337smile's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

lol thanks all, he seemed to love it, made me feel sick the smell, then the tray I put in the viv to feed him on was all covered in blood & guts. Lee seems you might have a racist snake.

no, not racist, bless him. He eats them, it just takes him 3 or 4 attempts to strike and hit them. Hoping he doesn't get my finger again.

Edit: Nailed it at 2nd attempt.

Edited by - 337smile on 19/07/2009 21:53:44
Go to Top of Page

ukglyn
Yearling

United Kingdom
109 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2009 :  21:55:35  Show Profile  Visit ukglyn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 337smile

quote:

no, not racist, bless him. He eats them, it just takes him 3 or 4 attempts to strike and hit them. Hoping he doesn't get my finger again.

Edit: Nailed it at 2nd attempt.

Good news, we just need the right size of rat now & we be away

Go to Top of Page

337smile
Yearling

296 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2009 :  21:57:09  Show Profile  Click to see 337smile's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I'll be able to order them online during summer holidays as i'll be off work and at home. Good luck with your rat hunting.
Go to Top of Page

ukglyn
Yearling

United Kingdom
109 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2009 :  22:10:03  Show Profile  Visit ukglyn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Im thinking I might have to get them online as well & get them sent to my dads house, not sure he would love storing them in his freezer till I can pick them up though.

Go to Top of Page

337smile
Yearling

296 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2009 :  22:14:47  Show Profile  Click to see 337smile's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

Im thinking I might have to get them online as well & get them sent to my dads house, not sure he would love storing them in his freezer till I can pick them up though.

Don't tell him.

pretend they are posh fish fingers.
Go to Top of Page

ukglyn
Yearling

United Kingdom
109 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2009 :  22:34:38  Show Profile  Visit ukglyn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Top idea

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2009 :  23:03:40  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
You're both down South aren't you? - If not, there are a couple of shops in South Yorks that do Rat Fluffs.

Go to Top of Page

337smile
Yearling

296 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  00:30:11  Show Profile  Click to see 337smile's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

You're both down South aren't you? - If not, there are a couple of shops in South Yorks that do Rat Fluffs.

No, Durham
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000