Yearling

United Kingdom
174 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2009 :  20:34:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gingerpony

quote:
Originally posted by matty198111

as much as i love my 2 fellas if they started getting ill i would seek the best advice i could...

that's the problem........ people on ANY forum (yes, including on here!) can sound like they know what they're on about, but in reality they're talking complete and utter bulls**t!
and if you're in the position of having to ask for advice then you're unlikely to know what's good or bad advice........

i understand but i was meaning a very respected reptile breeder near me or even a vets

mat
Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2009 :  21:49:37  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by matty198111

quote:
Originally posted by Gingerpony

that's the problem........ people on ANY forum (yes, including on here!) can sound like they know what they're on about, but in reality they're talking complete and utter bulls**t!
and if you're in the position of having to ask for advice then you're unlikely to know what's good or bad advice........

i understand but i was meaning a very respected reptile breeder near me or even a vets

i know you were hun, i was meaning that the royal's owner is prolly listening to bad advice and thinking taking it is the right thing to do....... cos anyone online can sound like they know what they're talking about

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

Robert
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
957 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2009 :  15:56:15  Show Profile  Visit Robert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This makes me soooo sad and really mad getting this poor creature fit and well again is of the highest prority not how it came to be like this !!

Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2009 :  17:06:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But as Ali says, we dont know if they had been given bad advice....

it may be that or it may just be ignorance whatever happens the snake needs help and fast...

not sure making it public on the dark side is a good idea either cos they are likely to lynch first rather than help..though there are those that will try and help...

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

cobra111
Snake Mite

15 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2009 :  17:36:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know how she feels though, as a new snake owner we try and do the best for our new pets but the net is the most accessable point for info , I looked at several sites that gave completely different info,I bought a snake from what was supposedly a reputable dealer and got told my 3 month old should be fed 1 mice pinky every seven to 10 days, this was changed straight away and now syd is taking small rat fluffs or large rat pups every 5 days. Her profile says that she is only sixteen so she's going to be very inpressionable and stubborn, we've just got to hope that she listens to the right advice. Steve
Go to Top of Page

JinxtheBP
Snake Mite

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2009 :  17:03:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my god...Has someone talked to the owner? The poor baby...

Go to Top of Page

diesel
Yearling

United Kingdom
215 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2009 :  13:00:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
iv tried talking to her but nothing it is kinda pointless she just wont listen and as they say, "you can only bang your head against that wall so many times before it starts to hurt" all i pitty is the poor baby royal

3.4 corn snakes
1.3 corn x rat snakes
4.3 royal pythons
4.2 king snakes
0.1 BCI

coming soon 1.1 butter motley corn

NEW WEB SITE...
http://kat80.webs.com/

Go to Top of Page

cobra111
Snake Mite

15 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2009 :  22:44:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The thing that bugs is that looking at her posts she's still looking for another snake as well

Edited by - cobra111 on 25/08/2009 08:59:29
Go to Top of Page

boze
Yearling

United Kingdom
408 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2009 :  00:18:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aye but she has other snakes that are in good health by the looks of it, its a rather strange situation....

D

0.1.0. Royal (Salmissra)
0.0.1. Western Hognose (Spiderman)

quote:
Originally posted by ruxpin64
I'm so happy I may lay on my back and pee in the air like a baby!

Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2009 :  12:02:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cobra111

I know how she feels though, as a new snake owner we try and do the best for our new pets but the net is the most accessable point for info , I looked at several sites that gave completely different info,I bought a snake from what was supposedly a reputable dealer and got told my 3 month old should be fed 1 mice pinky every seven to 10 days, this was changed straight away and now syd is taking small rat fluffs or large rat pups every 5 days. Her profile says that she is only sixteen so she's going to be very inpressionable and stubborn, we've just got to hope that she listens to the right advice. Steve

yup, the baby royal i bought yesterday was being fed mouse pinkies up until saturday when they moved it to mouse fluffs >.<
Go to Top of Page

diesel
Yearling

United Kingdom
215 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2009 :  14:01:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah my local rep shop is feeding there royals on mice fluffs but only 1 each and they are losing weight pritty fast iv even told the lad that works in there that they are losing weight and he just goes there fine,
the worst bit is i know the breeder who sold them to the shop and i went round to his to get a few snakes sexed and i told him and he knew and has talked to them and they wont listen to the bloke that sold them to them, the guy who bred them even saw a dead 1 in there and they removed it but kept all the royals up for sale still,
me and my partner a month ago pulled a very large dead corn snake out of a viv in there as the person that deals with the snakes wasnt in that week and the snake must have been dead at least a week, why do these shops tell people to feed there royals mice when they cant even keep there own snakes in health and its clear there better of with rats its sooo sad that royals and other snakes are kept in a state like this,
if i had the money i would buy them from my local shop and rehome them once built up, but its shops like this that are advicing people like her to feed them a mouse a week

3.4 corn snakes
1.3 corn x rat snakes
4.3 royal pythons
4.2 king snakes
0.1 BCI

coming soon 1.1 butter motley corn

NEW WEB SITE...
http://kat80.webs.com/

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic