Royal question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ludo
Snake Mite

3 Posts

Posted - 27/08/2009 :  12:48:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got my first royal a couple of days ago and since then ive left it alone apart from filling its water and putting a different hide in, for which I had to lift him out and I put him on my bed whilst I did it. Anyway I was under the impression that they were always hiding. Mine seems to buck this trend and is always out exploring does this mean somethings wrong?

My mini zoo
2.4.0 - Leopard Geckos
1.3.0 - Crested Geckos
0.0.1 - Royal Python
1.0.0 - Horned frog
0.2.0 - Stick insects
0.0.1 - Chilean Rose Tarantula
1.0.0 - Cockatiel
0.2.0 - Golden Retrievers

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 27/08/2009 :  13:04:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sometimes they have a good explore in the first few hours after you put them in their new home or change something in there.
It can also mean that something is not quite to their liking and they are looking for an escape, but you may also just have an inquisitive royal as i know a few people swear blind that everything is alright and theirs is just different.
Go to Top of Page

chris100575
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
743 Posts

Posted - 27/08/2009 :  13:08:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As Cat said, if your setup is right he's probably just exploring his new surroundings.

0.1.0 Royal Python - Princess
0.1.0 BCI - Feather
Go to Top of Page

Remmy
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
642 Posts

Posted - 27/08/2009 :  17:46:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If the temps are ok and hes got hides he is probably exploring his new home. Tilly was out every night when i first put her in the viv now i hardly see her.

1.0.0 Ghost corn Tynan
0.1.0 Normal corn Sully
0.1.0 Royal Tilly
Go to Top of Page

Robert
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
957 Posts

Posted - 27/08/2009 :  23:20:30  Show Profile  Visit Robert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They sure do like to hide during the day and some like to hide all the time but if you have the right temperature and environment and your snake is feeding well then you have little to worry about, they all have slightly different behaviours and from my experience once they get used to being handled and alowed to roam free a little they always want to explore :)

Go to Top of Page

antw23uk
Yearling

United Kingdom
275 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2009 :  09:45:45  Show Profile  Click to see antw23uk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My 07 generally lounges around in the cool end of his RUB all the time. He is so friendly and confident and such a good eater i dont worry about that (warm end 88-90F under his hide)

My 09 isnt scared of ANYTHING .. i only have to walk past his RUB and he comes out to check if its feeding time. I swear he would eat every day if given the chance, lol

Ant.
Go to Top of Page

karl
Fully Grown Royal

1069 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2009 :  11:32:06  Show Profile  Visit karl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Stig stays in his hide all day long till about 11pm, Boo on the other hand spends about 20 mins in her hide, and the rest of the time out and about, but she's a weirdo

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000