New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kerrie-anne
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2009 :  19:54:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey, in my royal python vivarium i have 2 thermometers. A dial one in the cool end and a digital one in the hot end. The digital thermometer in the hot end is reading around 86.4oF. The dial thermometer in the cool end is reading 80oF however.

Now i know that dials arent all that accurate, and i am getting a digital thermometer soon. Should i be concerned and turn the temp in the viv down a bit, or will it be ok for a few days till i can get a digital.

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2009 :  20:27:15  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
No, you should turn the temp up a bit, ignore the dial thermometer and get the hot end up to ~90F.

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2016 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2009 :  20:29:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you're using a mat I would turn it up to 90, the cool end will take care of itself.

Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2009 :  21:01:55  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
agree with the above, it's the warm end temp you need to be most concerned about

how cool the cool end gets is often down to the room's ambient temperature which isn't that controllable.......

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000