New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

joanna
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 20/09/2009 :  17:39:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, excuse my ignorance in this but can anyone explain what het means. I see 60% 100% and so on. If there is a 60% het albino Is it just that there is a 60 % chance of hatching the morph in question (how do they reach that conclusion) or is it more complicated, can anyone help or point me in the right direction please.....

Many Thanks

Jo

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 20/09/2009 :  19:09:39  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
By 60% I presume you mean 66%.

You can get 100% het (definitely het), 66% or 50%. The 66% or 50% are the chance of the snake being het.

If it is het, then depending on what you breed it with then yes you could produce a visual.

Go to Top of Page

joanna
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 20/09/2009 :  19:51:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Blackecho, thankyou for you reply, Can I take it that HET means carrying the gene (all be it, possibly). So if I see for sale a 66% het albino, it will look like a normal, but may produce (appx 50% ish!!!) albinos to look at, which in turn when bred that may produce both even if bred with another albino??? sorry to be a pest...Is there anywhere I can get this info that goes into depth with out pestering you. I have looked on the net without success, hence you are getting the ear bashing.....

Cheers

Jo
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 20/09/2009 :  20:04:24  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
See if this helps: http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=187

Go to Top of Page

joanna
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2009 :  12:05:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fab!!!! Thankyou very much.. this explains a lot..

Jo
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000