Baby Boo
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

reptilekeeper1992
Yearling

United Kingdom
331 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2009 :  20:30:45  Show Profile  Click to see reptilekeeper1992's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Managed to borrow a friends camera!!!!!Here are some pictures of my female baby Royal Python, Boo. She is 9 weeks old and she hasnt been shy or nervous since she arrived a week ago. I picked the adventurous, fearless one.

This is a picture of Boo stretched out fully in her 3ft vivarium. I have read about baby Royals being intimidated by large vivs, but she has feed well and loves climbing around. Of course I had to take her decor out of her viv to get this picture

this is her with all the decor in the vivarium. It has been decorated since then with a little bridge and tunnel made from dead wood, rocks and one of her hides so as soon as i upload them i wil post them.

This is the first time i held her, admittedly about 11 hours after i had got her home but she wasnt nervous and i enjoy her company

And i always thought that royals were land dwellers, obviously not, i wonder if she will be able to lift herself up this high when she is an adult.

this is her hovering in the tree in her viv. She didnt last very long though and loosened up to much, resulting in her falling into her water bowl. Unfortunately for her it was the first time she realised there was water in her bowl

This is my favourite picture of her at the moment, she was curled up behind her tree after eating mr mouse. My friends all think she is huge because of the close up of shot.

sorry about the length

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2009 :  20:36:47  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
she looks loverly,mine used to be always climbing but has stopped now hes a fatty lol

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Go to Top of Page

reptilekeeper1992
Yearling

United Kingdom
331 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2009 :  20:47:06  Show Profile  Click to see reptilekeeper1992's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
she has got used to climbing now. she used to only hang on with the tip of her tail, but she has figured that she has got to hold on a lot more. she knows where the water is now lol
she got fed today so im guessing she wont be hanging around upside for a couple of days, more like slouching on the dead wood bridge.
Go to Top of Page

xautomaticflowersx
Yearling

United Kingdom
209 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2009 :  22:45:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awwww she's absolutely lovely! About the same age as my little baby too! I wish my little Ripley was a fearless explorer like yours... mine tends to just sit on my hand at the moment. I'm sure he'll gain confidence though.
I told myself to just keep mine in plastic tubs and RUBs til he's big enough to go in a nice viv so I don't end up spending out on setups that he'll outgrow, but I keep looking at vivs online and planning different setups. I can't stop myself from online reptile window-shopping! And seeing how well yours seems to be doing in an adult-sized viv, it's not helping! *goes off to plan elaborate python viv*
Keep the piccies coming, she's gorgeous.

0.1.0 Leopard Gecko - Eublepharis macularius ('Gecko Lady')
1.0.0 Giant Day Gecko - Phelsuma m. grandis ('Pedro')
1.0.0 Giant Namibian Sand Gecko - Chondrodactylus a. angulifer ('Mr. Chondrodactylus' or 'Mr. C')
1.0.0 Desert Iguana - Dipsosaurus dorsalis ('Iggie' or 'Iggz')
1.0.0 Royal Python - Python regius ('Ripley')
0.0.2 Rankins Dragons - Pogona henrylawsoni ('Pancake' and 'Waffles')
1.0.0 75% Jungle Jaguar Carpet Python - Morelia spilota spp. ('Buggy')
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2009 :  05:39:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
she is lovely, especially like that last shot;-)

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
Yearling

United Kingdom
300 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2009 :  07:18:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
aw shes so cute!
bless her for falling into the water - i remember one of my corns Mont doing that and it scared the heebies out of him lol

Sigs by lucifer
2.1 Cornsnakes: Montana (Carolina), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender).
2.0 Royal Pythons: Q & Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun King Snake: Simba
Go to Top of Page

kashie
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
567 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2009 :  14:05:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lovely looking snake :)

Gladysssss my normal royal spends most of the day up her tree sleeping - infact her last two feeds she had up her tree too!!! She's not right?????

01.01.00 Whippets - Dylan and Tigger
01.01.00 AfricanGreys - Jasper and Ruby
00.00.15 KoiCarp
01.01.00 RoyalPython -Ebanks Blake and Gladysss
01.00.00 MojaveRoyal - Kelso
01.00.00 AlbinoRoyal - Ziggy
00.01.00 PastelRoyal - Phyllisss
00.01.00 SpiderRoyal - Wincey
Go to Top of Page

Robert
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
957 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2009 :  21:01:02  Show Profile  Visit Robert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
She is excellent and very much like mine who loves to be out and handled, never seems stressed and eats like a pig - LOL

Go to Top of Page

reptilekeeper1992
Yearling

United Kingdom
331 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2009 :  16:01:35  Show Profile  Click to see reptilekeeper1992's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hehe. well she isnt really a fatty yet. She was brought up on 2 mouse fuzzies a week when i brought her. She is still on that diet but next month she will be starting on rat pups, maybe the next size up, but most likely rat pups.
Go to Top of Page

russm
Yearling

United Kingdom
161 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2009 :  11:24:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi rk what substrate is that you are using? I like the look of it.

2.1.0 Royal - Memphis & tbc
2.0.0 Labs - Cooper & Max
1.1.0 Clown fish
0.0.2 Goldfish
0.2.0 Rats - Izzy & Tess
Go to Top of Page

reptilekeeper1992
Yearling

United Kingdom
331 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2009 :  18:55:44  Show Profile  Click to see reptilekeeper1992's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
wood chippings, they are nice but simple and cheap to buy from any pet shop
i brought a 20kg bag for £15 and it should last a year or more

Go to Top of Page

Remmy
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
642 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2009 :  20:22:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lovely looking royal and nice set up

1.0.0 Ghost corn Tynan
0.1.0 Normal corn Sully
0.1.0 Royal Tilly
Go to Top of Page

spor
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1226 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2009 :  23:13:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
looks lovely and some size for nine weeks. did you get her from a reptile/pet shop. hard to belief they would give a double fed they are normal tight and give basic minimum.

0.4.0 Royal Python
1.0.0 Pastel Royal
0.1.0 Spider Royal
1.1.0 Carolina Corn Snake
1.0.0 Normal Stripe Corn
1.0.0 Yellow Bellied Turtle

Edited by - spor on 27/09/2009 23:14:08
Go to Top of Page

reptilekeeper1992
Yearling

United Kingdom
331 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2009 :  10:35:04  Show Profile  Click to see reptilekeeper1992's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yea, she gets fed at the moment on sunday and thursday and last week she had 2 mice fuzzies on thursday and one on sunday so she is eating well. but as soon as i get paid in 2 weeks time she will be going onto rat pups, maybe the next size up from that, but she will only be having one of those every 5 days.

i brought her from a pet shop, who had brought her in from a breeder at 8 weeks old.
Go to Top of Page

spor
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1226 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2009 :  10:49:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
makes more sense. by the photo she looks like see could handle a fuzzy rat which averages 11g-25g no probs. do you know what weight she is?

0.4.0 Royal Python
1.0.0 Pastel Royal
0.1.0 Spider Royal
1.1.0 Carolina Corn Snake
1.0.0 Normal Stripe Corn
1.0.0 Yellow Bellied Turtle
Go to Top of Page

reptilekeeper1992
Yearling

United Kingdom
331 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2009 :  11:14:44  Show Profile  Click to see reptilekeeper1992's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i weighed her on the 15th september and she was 119g
the mouse fuzzies that i weighed that she was feeding on were 11g each
Go to Top of Page

paul01609
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
38 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2009 :  18:48:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mines around same age and in a full size viv with no problems feeding
Go to Top of Page

reptilekeeper1992
Yearling

United Kingdom
331 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2009 :  18:54:38  Show Profile  Click to see reptilekeeper1992's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yea, it true that they can feel stressed in anything too big. 3' usually is too big, but i guess it can depend on how much stuff you got in there for the royal to hide in and if the snake wants to be in a big viv.
the only thing i got to change is her food, she is going to be going to fuzzy rats in 2 weeks when i get paid
Go to Top of Page

paul01609
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
38 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2009 :  20:04:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mine has alot of hides and stuff in and seems happy
Go to Top of Page

reptilekeeper1992
Yearling

United Kingdom
331 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2009 :  20:50:17  Show Profile  Click to see reptilekeeper1992's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i ended up buying too much for Boo's viv. There was too much to put in there so i decided to compromise. I had brought her a massive piece of dead wood so she had some different things to feel and climb on but with the stuff already in there she couldnt really feel comfortable.
So i ended up moving one of the hides into the middle of the vivarium and rested the piece of dead wood on top of the log and the hide in the hot end. Now she has a bridge as well, i thought it would suit her seeing as she has a head for heights.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000