New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fjfenton
Yearling

United Kingdom
221 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2009 :  14:13:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I am thinking of buying off Bob Clark but he delivers to Essex and I can't get down there as I am working.
I was just wondering if anyone else was buying from here and could help me out?
cheers, Fiona

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2009 :  14:55:35  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Just make sure you check the sex yourself when you get it. Be prepared for a snake used to live feeding and possibly very stressed from its journey. Also, from reports I've heard (only hearsay, but from people I trust) be wary of buying recessive hets, probably best only to buy visual morphs so that you 'know' what you're getting. Obviously there is also little chance of comeback if it all goes wrong and your supplier is on the other side of the world.

*This is all personal opinion and is in no way the view of this website as a whole.

Go to Top of Page

fjfenton
Yearling

United Kingdom
221 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2009 :  15:05:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are there lots of reports of problems (you can email me if you like)? Its just I want to be sure before I go through with it - it is a female spider royal I am thinking of getting
Go to Top of Page

reptiles-ink
Yearling

United Kingdom
298 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2009 :  15:16:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
whenever I have bought any from Bob he has popped them in front of me to show the sex.
As for hets I can't comment as most of mine have been visual, the het ones arent up to breeding size yet.
Bob is a good person to deal with and will do his best to correct any errors, he comes to the UK whenever he is at a show in Europe so you may need to wait a while for the error to be made right but often you will get a much better deal than what you paid for initially.
I had to wait several months for some I paid for so in the end Bob gave me a visual instead of a het and gave me a 4th snake for free.

Plenty of Retics and Burms
Go to Top of Page

fjfenton
Yearling

United Kingdom
221 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2009 :  16:35:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by reptiles-ink

whenever I have bought any from Bob he has popped them in front of me to show the sex.
As for hets I can't comment as most of mine have been visual, the het ones arent up to breeding size yet.
Bob is a good person to deal with and will do his best to correct any errors, he comes to the UK whenever he is at a show in Europe so you may need to wait a while for the error to be made right but often you will get a much better deal than what you paid for initially.
I had to wait several months for some I paid for so in the end Bob gave me a visual instead of a het and gave me a 4th snake for free.

Thanks, thats good to hear
Go to Top of Page

sexychef
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
692 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2009 :  17:01:06  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i have brought of bob clark and have heard from his own mouth the mistakes that have happened but that the thing with dealing with live stock mishaps happen if you want more info on him pm me on the darkside username is sexychef666

1.0.0 western hognose 1.1.0 royals 2.1.0 corn snake
Go to Top of Page

fjfenton
Yearling

United Kingdom
221 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2009 :  18:12:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sexychef

i have brought of bob clark and have heard from his own mouth the mistakes that have happened but that the thing with dealing with live stock mishaps happen if you want more info on him pm me on the darkside username is sexychef666

Hi, thanks. I have actually been conversing with Bob via email and he seems pretty trustworthy, so I've put an order in with him
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2009 :  21:28:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fjfenton

quote:
Originally posted by sexychef

Hi, thanks. I have actually been conversing with Bob via email and he seems pretty trustworthy, so I've put an order in with him

what you getting from him?

i was tempted..but Portsmouth is just round the corner so will wait for that..

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

spor
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1226 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2009 :  23:00:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
is it definately the 9th Oct that Bob will be coming over. i was chatting with some one tonight who is hoping to put in a shop size order with him but he is over that early I don't think he'll get his order in.

0.4.0 Royal Python
1.0.0 Pastel Royal
0.1.0 Spider Royal
1.1.0 Carolina Corn Snake
1.0.0 Normal Stripe Corn
1.0.0 Yellow Bellied Turtle
Go to Top of Page

fjfenton
Yearling

United Kingdom
221 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2009 :  20:54:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm getting a spider royal
Go to Top of Page

fjfenton
Yearling

United Kingdom
221 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2009 :  20:56:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by spor

is it definately the 9th Oct that Bob will be coming over. i was chatting with some one tonight who is hoping to put in a shop size order with him but he is over that early I don't think he'll get his order in.

Hi,it is definately the 9th, I emailed him directly to confirm. I only placed my order yesterday, so your mate(?) may still have time to get his order in...admittedly I've only ordered 1 rather than shop size
Go to Top of Page

spor
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1226 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2009 :  21:20:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cheers, i have just sent mate a text to let him know.

0.4.0 Royal Python
1.0.0 Pastel Royal
0.1.0 Spider Royal
1.1.0 Carolina Corn Snake
1.0.0 Normal Stripe Corn
1.0.0 Yellow Bellied Turtle
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page