New Viv Build (Pics)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

antw23uk
Yearling

United Kingdom
275 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2009 :  16:45:41  Show Profile  Click to see antw23uk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ok sorry for the delay but i finally finished my viv build. This is slightly taller than his 50ltr RUB but with ceramic. He used to spend most of his time in the cool end of his RUB and is doing the same in the viv although temps were perfect in the RUB ... bloody nightmare in the Viv as some said it would be, lol

This is my 07 Obran in his new viv. Tonight is rat night so if he eats i know he is happy enough ... to be honest im tempted to put him back in his RUB. He is next to my bed and wakes me up EVERY night in his new viv so far with moving his wood, bowl etc and trying to escape .... its driving me nuts because i keep having to check he isnt escaping ... im so tired

Made with my own fair hands as well so excuse the mess

Ant.

matty18714
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2016 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2009 :  16:54:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What sort of temp are you getting in the cool side? Good luck with the feed.

Go to Top of Page

antw23uk
Yearling

United Kingdom
275 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2009 :  16:57:36  Show Profile  Click to see antw23uk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
79/80F but its proving to be a pain getting the 'basking' temp hot enough. I could have stuffed the cermic up intot he corner but i gave him room to move round it!

I would put him back on a heat mat but the room he is in gets silly cold in the winter and i know mats only have a surface heat so not happy about that.

Ant.
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2009 :  18:49:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice build Ant...its lovely.

i was going to ask if it was the thudding that was keeping you awake..

Oscar was doing that to me with his constant roaming, but i kept getting up to see if he had hurt himself after dropping off the guard..lol..

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

spor
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1226 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2009 :  19:50:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
looks nice very cute size.

0.4.0 Royal Python
1.0.0 Pastel Royal
0.1.0 Spider Royal
1.1.0 Carolina Corn Snake
1.0.0 Normal Stripe Corn
1.0.0 Yellow Bellied Turtle
Go to Top of Page

fjfenton
Yearling

United Kingdom
221 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2009 :  20:33:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice job
Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2009 :  22:31:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ahh i see Obran is also an avid reader of Roald Dahl. Good taste :)
love the viv too :)
Go to Top of Page

antw23uk
Yearling

United Kingdom
275 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2009 :  12:35:44  Show Profile  Click to see antw23uk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks all, im pretty chuffed with the build although could have gone bigger .... im not the best at DIY to be honest, lol

He didnt eat last night, seemed fairly keen but that was as far as it went. I did offer a fairly big rat which i know he doesnt appreciate so will give him ten odd days and try again with a small rat and if its still a no go i will rethink his housing arrangements.

Ant.
Go to Top of Page

Remmy
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
642 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2009 :  17:40:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice viv well done. What size is it?

1.0.0 Ghost corn Tynan
0.1.0 Normal corn Sully
0.1.0 Royal Tilly
Go to Top of Page

antw23uk
Yearling

United Kingdom
275 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2009 :  21:00:37  Show Profile  Click to see antw23uk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Its 24x18x18 ... ish i think. Its slightly taller than his 50ltr RUB

Ant.
Go to Top of Page

Remmy
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
642 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  17:33:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What does Obran weigh ant?

1.0.0 Ghost corn Tynan
0.1.0 Normal corn Sully
0.1.0 Royal Tilly
Go to Top of Page

antw23uk
Yearling

United Kingdom
275 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2009 :  08:51:35  Show Profile  Click to see antw23uk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ooooh now i know this one coz i weighed him Saturday, lol

He weighs in at 1.1k ... does that sound right? He was approx 900g when i got hima few months ago so im pretty pleased with his weight gain considering he wont eat anything larger than a very small adult rat ... at a push!

And my 09 who hatched in April weighed in at 350grams on Saturday ..... i shall name him Pig

Ant.
Go to Top of Page

Remmy
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
642 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2009 :  13:16:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A nice size, about the same as my 07 female. How are you getting on with the temps? I made a 23*21*18 viv for tilly but i couldnt get the gradients right so i got her a 36*18*18 and put my corn in the 24inch

1.0.0 Ghost corn Tynan
0.1.0 Normal corn Sully
0.1.0 Royal Tilly
Go to Top of Page

antw23uk
Yearling

United Kingdom
275 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2009 :  17:51:17  Show Profile  Click to see antw23uk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Actually im fairly impressed with the temp gradient. Perhaps its the vents which really make a difference!

Ive been bad and i only just realised. Obran, since going into his new viv has spent all his time in the cool end which is fine because he used to spend a lot of time in the cool end of his RUB ... well today i noticed he had done a poo right in the corner of the warm end (not very easy to notice when the viv is made of dark wood )

I cleaned him out and he is happily under the basking spot At the weekend i will offer a small rat and im pretty confident he will take it now

Ant.
Go to Top of Page

kumali
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2009 :  20:54:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how big is your python because he looks big and small
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly