Back to the RUB?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

antw23uk
Yearling

United Kingdom
275 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2009 :  08:46:11  Show Profile  Click to see antw23uk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well its been a month now since Obran went into his new viv which we hand built and are pretty proud of. Shame Obran doesnt feel like that
He is normally a great strike feeder but since being in the new viv which is pretty much the same size as his 50Ltr RUB but with a ceramic he just hasnt eaten ... very unlike him.

So do i put him back in his 50ltr or stick with it and keep trying different methods? (I'm currently holding out on his water for a few days before offering a rat on about Tuesday!)

Ant.

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2009 :  09:03:50  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
What's the problem, is he now unhealthy, is he losing weight?

Why would you take the water away if it wasn't desperate?

It is not uncommon for snakes to go long periods without food, especially Royal Pythons and especially at this time of year.

Go to Top of Page

karl
Fully Grown Royal

1069 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2009 :  09:49:29  Show Profile  Visit karl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's more likely to be the time of year. Stig has now missed two feeds, the first time this has EVER happened. He is extra active, so I assume it's "I want a mate" season

Go to Top of Page

bengy_s
Yearling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2009 :  15:14:35  Show Profile  Send bengy_s an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I would say to keep with it too. Chester has had a stressful few weeks. He's been moved about but he is eating now. Chances are its the time of year. You'll probably find if you moved him back he won't eat anyway as you're changing his surroundings again.

A link to a sticky on non-feeders is here, posted by Rosie incase you've not seen it already:

http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=53

R.I.P Chester
Go to Top of Page

antw23uk
Yearling

United Kingdom
275 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2009 :  20:46:08  Show Profile  Click to see antw23uk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi guys ... sorry i havent been on for a while. I put Obran back in his RUB three days ago

He strike fed on a big fat rat tonight

Ant.
Go to Top of Page

bengy_s
Yearling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2009 :  14:25:34  Show Profile  Send bengy_s an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Good to hear Ant. Think he would have gotten used to the viv but at least he's eating now!

R.I.P Chester
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000