I hate it i really do!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dibzy-Time
Yearling

United Kingdom
298 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2009 :  02:37:01  Show Profile  Click to see Dibzy-Time's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The only places I havernt had this trouble are on these forums ie thecornsnake and theroyalpython.co.uk. Every other forum im on seem to critisis about the way I write.
I usually rite like this. If peeps av a problem with this then y dnt the ask nicly and say"can you write properly please" instead ov being too ott bout it and bein a tad ruse. Does any1 ealse get this!!!
I hate it so much!!

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2009 :  06:44:15  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I don't particularly like txt-speak so don't tend to use it, but I'm not going to criticise others. Although I would prefer if people could use English

Go to Top of Page

karl
Fully Grown Royal

1069 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2009 :  06:58:20  Show Profile  Visit karl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Now that is a long standing arguement on forums, has been for years.

Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2009 :  09:47:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I personally don't find text talk particularly easy to read, however, yours IS readable.
I'm not critisising though, seeing as how there are so many issues like dyslexia etc that people have to deal with.
Besides, life's too short, why bother being anally retentive over how somebody writes?

Edited by - MissCat on 30/10/2009 09:47:47
Go to Top of Page

chris100575
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
743 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2009 :  10:34:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't like "txt spk" either, not even in text messages, and find posts much easier to read when they're written properly. I do find some of your posts difficult to read, but I'm not going to criticise you for it.

As Karl said, it's been a debate on forums for years and I've been on ones where people have been banned for persistently using txt.

0.1.0 Royal Python - Princess
0.1.0 BCI - Feather
Go to Top of Page

Dibzy-Time
Yearling

United Kingdom
298 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2009 :  13:05:50  Show Profile  Click to see Dibzy-Time's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ok cool. Now i no that people do prefer it ill use proper english. Thanks by the way for being nice
Go to Top of Page

chris100575
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
743 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2009 :  13:59:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aye, this forum is considerably friendlier than some other reptile-related sites that I could mention!

0.1.0 Royal Python - Princess
0.1.0 BCI - Feather
Go to Top of Page

Dibzy-Time
Yearling

United Kingdom
298 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2009 :  14:30:03  Show Profile  Click to see Dibzy-Time's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
it is i agree
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2009 :  20:18:11  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yours aint that bad,cant under stand a word when my niece texts me

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000