Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Lathers
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  20:17:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all, I'm looking to sell an '09 Spider Royal python male, i purchased this snake as part of a pair that the previous owner would not split (i was interested in the other snake a pastel). I have had the snake for only a few days and would ideally like to pass him on sooner rather than later other wise i know what will happen, i'll get attached and that'll be that still i'm selling him with an 11ltr rub, hide, water bowel, mat and stat and a digital thermometer. He has never missed a feed although i only have the owner's word for this i can say however that he strike feeds i fed him a small mouse and the other end is working just as well £275 []

Robert
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
957 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  09:48:51  Show Profile  Visit Robert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good looking spider, would have been interested except I just bought a male spider 4 weeks ago ! I hope you find him a good home

Go to Top of Page

Lathers
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  10:20:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, good looking and great temperment just not what i'm after for my plans
Go to Top of Page

bengy_s
Yearling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  13:19:57  Show Profile  Send bengy_s an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hi I know it doesn't matter too much now (it can get worse or better as they grow) but how bad is his "spider wobble" / "corkscrew"? Do you know if he handles ok? (as you only had him few day you probably haven't handled him) I'm trust he's a good feeder as spiders are reported to be some of the best royals to feed. (or so I've read, I never owned one).

R.I.P Chester
Go to Top of Page

Lathers
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  13:42:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm afraid i have handled him, and as far as my limited experiance goes he is calm with no signs of aggression with the exception of the mouse (ft) that he killed to death, he has thus far exibited no signs of the dreaded head wobble or corkscrewing but as i have said i have only had him for a short time i have been keeping a close eye on him. Hope this helps oh i need to weigh him but will wait till he is empty
Go to Top of Page

bengy_s
Yearling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  15:03:49  Show Profile  Send bengy_s an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ok. I'm quite far away (Bristol) otherwise I'd come around to have a look. I am definately considering it though.

R.I.P Chester
Go to Top of Page

Lathers
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  15:12:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know it's a pain when it's far away, if it helps I can take movies of feeds and general handling plus more pics plus there is always a rep taxi
Go to Top of Page

bengy_s
Yearling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  16:20:51  Show Profile  Send bengy_s an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Rep taxi? Obviously a courier? How much they charge do you know? Yeah any handling photos/movies would be great! Almost be able to see him without seeing him if you know what I mean? Is £275 set in stone or would you drop a little?

R.I.P Chester
Go to Top of Page

bengy_s
Yearling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  16:47:13  Show Profile  Send bengy_s an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Googled reptile taxi and they are out of business apparently. (also based up north & someone got quote from Kent to devon for £150 so would be too expensive).

R.I.P Chester
Go to Top of Page

bengy_s
Yearling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2009 :  20:55:48  Show Profile  Send bengy_s an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Lathers... still interested. Any new photos/movies. Perhaps if I would want him then I can put aside a day to get him. Its not that far... well could be further! Im seeing a consultant surgeon in oxford later in the month (for me not my Royal!) so if it tied in then could go from there to you then back to Briz?!?

R.I.P Chester
Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2009 :  21:18:10  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Bengy: I can highly recommend Sam the Van Man. DEFRA licenced and very reasonably priced. Did a brilliant job of getting my Hoggie to me .

Go to Top of Page

bengy_s
Yearling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2009 :  13:59:50  Show Profile  Send bengy_s an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Paul. Appreciated. Ill get in touch with him (google?).

R.I.P Chester
Go to Top of Page

Lathers
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  08:45:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi Bengy sorry for the late reply yea the spider is still available, i haven't taken any more photo's yet have been leaving him alone a bit not wanting to stress him out, he's due a feed today so i could probably take some pictures then maybe even a movies of it although will probably look a bit blair witch :)
Go to Top of Page

bengy_s
Yearling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  13:15:40  Show Profile  Send bengy_s an AOL message  Reply with Quote
that cool. video and pictures very welcome. Didn't know if u saw paul's reply above but he's given name of another rep delivery so if he's cheap and i want him then ill go for it. If not and i'd still want him then i'll just arrange a day to jaunt over.

R.I.P Chester
Go to Top of Page

Lathers
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  17:05:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok sure he's just struk fed on two small mice, quite an enthusiastic feeder :)
Go to Top of Page

bengy_s
Yearling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2009 :  22:12:22  Show Profile  Send bengy_s an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Cool did you get any photos or videos? Put a request for a quote in for transport for him & will let you know final decision if good price and seen couple more snaps!

R.I.P Chester
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2009 :  23:24:34  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
sw animal couriers are good and he's from bristol http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/members/swanimalcouriers.html

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Go to Top of Page

Lathers
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  19:39:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah that's useful cheers
Go to Top of Page

bengy_s
Yearling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2009 :  19:33:11  Show Profile  Send bengy_s an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sorry Lathers haven't got back to you. Its not looking good for a purchase of your spider anytime soon i'm afraid :-(

If you check out my thread you'll see why:

http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3126

I do apologise as I was really close to buying him (after seeing some updated photos) but as you'll see on the thread, its not looking good for the next few weeks at least.

R.I.P Chester
Go to Top of Page

bengy_s
Yearling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2009 :  19:34:19  Show Profile  Send bengy_s an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I do hope it sorts itself out my end asap but if you sell him in the meantime then all the best.

R.I.P Chester
Go to Top of Page

Lathers
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2009 :  20:32:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Bengy sorry for the late reply sorry about the bad news, both of them, that doesn't really cover it but just hope everything turns out ok keep us posted
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000