New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bob
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2009 :  16:38:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi had monty about 2 weeks now shes eaten twice and looks very healthy shes also happy to be held
montys about 5 months old i'm keeping her in a small plastic viv roughly 12x18 and 7 high she has 2 hides and plenty of water i've only got her on a heat matt until she goes into a bigger viv humidity always around 50% but no poo as yet should i be worried???
i've had 2 corns for years just a little worried thanks bob

sexychef
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
692 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2009 :  16:42:10  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
dont worry bout the lack of poo, royals tend to poo once every 4-6weeks or when they shed. trust me you will be happy that they only poo that often hehe

1.0.0 western hognose 1.1.0 royals 2.1.0 corn snake
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2009 :  16:57:32  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
As above, mine are roughly 4-6 weeks.

Go to Top of Page

reptilekeeper1992
Yearling

United Kingdom
331 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2009 :  20:12:22  Show Profile  Click to see reptilekeeper1992's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
same as above, and yes you will wish he keeps it in!!!
Boo had a clean out yesterday, put everything in place then she decided to go in the most awkward of places and have a solid wee (urate), liquid wee and poo all at once so that it turned to mush and it was all in the wood chipping
not nice, had to take everything out again!!!!
good luck
Go to Top of Page

bob
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2009 :  22:44:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank you all and as bad as its gonna be i'll feel better when shes been do you think the viv is adequate? and how long before i set up a bigger 1? thanks again all
Go to Top of Page

yardy
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
43 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  13:42:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info-I used to have calis who produced all sorts of waste each time they fed. I only fed my royals once so far, last week, and was wondering why no poo? I have found a pretty small oval of urea but thought maybe they should pass more before I fed them again. Will defo offer food tonight now i know that lack of obvious waste isn't a problem-they certainly looked like they wanted feeding last night.
Go to Top of Page

bob
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2009 :  16:10:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi great news came home to find monty had been to the toilet woohoo a huge amount aswell so i'm hoping alls ok
Go to Top of Page

ajcshx
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2009 :  18:56:14  Show Profile  Click to see ajcshx's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
sometimes just handling them is enough to get them started so watch out for that
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000