courier
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ridgie
Snake Mite

6 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2009 :  16:01:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been very disappointed with the lack of reasonably priced reptile couriers in this country (Scotland in particular), this is why i have decided to start my own service.

I own a transit style van and i am awaiting the DEFRA liecence arriving, so by the time i start i will be DEFRA registered. I am based in Scotand but plan on doing north to south runs on a monthly or bi-monthly basis depending on demand, to see how this goes.

The van will be fitted with thermostaticly controlled electric blankets and a heater to maintain an ambient air temp to ensure all your reps are nice and snug during transport.

The proposed cost of the service will be a flat fee of £50 for a single collection/ drop off. There will be discouonted rates for multi collections/ drop offs, contact me for prices. Local runs will be charged at 50p a mile

I will have in place some strict procedures to safe gaurd clients and myself against scammers i.e. I will be asking for photo's of the animals to ensure that these are the correct animals for delivery. i will aslo require contact numbers for both parties to inform of pick up/ drop off. also there will be paperwork for the parties to sign to say that the animals are fit and healthy for transport and that they have been deliverd. If for any reason I am not happy with the condition of the animals, i reserve the right to refuse transportation and i will contact the poeple concerned to let them know and give my reasons. this is also to safe gaurd the other animals in transit.

If there is enough demand i will be doing a run to essex for bob clarks delevery on the 10th of december. There will also be pick ups / drop offs on the way. If intrested fell free to pm or Email me at

repti-bus@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks for reading

Kevin

matty18714
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2016 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2009 :  16:12:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This sounds well organised. Good luck to you.

Go to Top of Page

Robert
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
957 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2009 :  20:30:51  Show Profile  Visit Robert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good luck with the enterprise I hope it works out for you and should I need your services I will keep a note of your contact details

Go to Top of Page

bengy_s
Yearling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2009 :  21:08:20  Show Profile  Send bengy_s an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Good luck! Sure you don't want to move down to the South West and start up business there!?!

R.I.P Chester
Go to Top of Page

ridgie
Snake Mite

6 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2009 :  03:50:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: