nutrobal???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

reptilekeeper1992
Yearling

United Kingdom
331 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2009 :  18:17:35  Show Profile  Click to see reptilekeeper1992's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
well im sorry guys but Boo is back on mice. Unfortunately mum went down the pet shop to get a rat pup, came back with a mouse fluff and fed her without me knowing and now she is refusing to take rats.
However when i was down the pet shop today i met one of the exotic animals vets from the local vet surgery and she told me that maybe if i wait until she is 400g and big enough for rat weaners then she might take it, because sometime they will take it.
she also said that if i want to get the nutrition in her from the mouse, the same as i do with rats then i should sprinkle a little bit of nutrobal on a wet mouse before feeding her.
What does everyone here think about this, i mean this was the vet telling me, not the stupid shop keeper

thanks guys

sexychef
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
692 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2009 :  18:31:27  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by reptilekeeper1992

well im sorry guys but Boo is back on mice. Unfortunately mum went down the pet shop to get a rat pup, came back with a mouse fluff and fed her without me knowing and now she is refusing to take rats.
However when i was down the pet shop today i met one of the exotic animals vets from the local vet surgery and she told me that maybe if i wait until she is 400g and big enough for rat weaners then she might take it, because sometime they will take it.
she also said that if i want to get the nutrition in her from the mouse, the same as i do with rats then i should sprinkle a little bit of nutrobal on a wet mouse before feeding her.
What does everyone here think about this, i mean this was the vet telling me, not the stupid shop keeper

thanks guys

firstly mouse fluffs are too small a baby royal can take a small mouse straight away. and how long have you left boo before trying a rat again?

1.0.0 western hognose 1.1.0 royals 2.1.0 corn snake
Go to Top of Page

reptilekeeper1992
Yearling

United Kingdom
331 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2009 :  18:36:28  Show Profile  Click to see reptilekeeper1992's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
sorry it was a small mouse, just checked with mum
well, she ate the mouse 5 days ago, but refused to take the rat today. it could just be a one off, that is why i am going to try her with a rat in her next feed.
however if she doesnt take it, im guessing its cause she found her love for mice again
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2009 :  18:48:11  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i would just stop the mice again,it might take a few weeks for it to take a rat again or try scenting a rat with the mouse

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Go to Top of Page

reptilekeeper1992
Yearling

United Kingdom
331 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2009 :  18:51:41  Show Profile  Click to see reptilekeeper1992's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yea i was thinking that it would take a few weeks. I was thinking about putting a mouse jacket on the mouse but unfortunately i dont really know how to do it, can anyone tell me how to do this??
Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2009 :  20:27:06  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i wouldn't resort to a mouse jacket just yet, just give her some time to get a little bit hungry

and with the Nutrobal (which personally, i really don't think you should need) make sure you dip the rat/mouse's bum in it, NOT it's nose or she'll will just refuse to eat it cos it smells funny, lol

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

reptilekeeper1992
Yearling

United Kingdom
331 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2009 :  23:00:45  Show Profile  Click to see reptilekeeper1992's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
haha ok
at least i know that nutrobal can be given to snakes, i thought it was just a lizard thing because they need loads of nutrition, calcium etc. Thanks guys
Go to Top of Page

reptilekeeper1992
Yearling

United Kingdom
331 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2009 :  15:03:16  Show Profile  Click to see reptilekeeper1992's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
well i didnt manage to pick up any nutrobal but i picked up ACE-High which is a multivitamin supplement, so im guessing it does the same thing as nutrobal.
I take your advise GP about dipping the mouses' bum in it, because snake is already fussy eater as it is (especially now mum fed it the wrong thing!!!) will be trying to get her on to rats as soon as possible.

i have worked out though, that she will eat new born and things with proper fur on. Rat fuzzies because they only got the fuzzy kinda fur she dont like. And she only eats white food (naughty discriminative snake!!!!)
Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2009 :  15:36:15  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hmmm, i'd check that a 'multivitamin supplement' did actually include calcium as well, cos calcium is a mineral not a vitamin.........it should have the nutritional analysis on the tub though hun

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

reptilekeeper1992
Yearling

United Kingdom
331 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2009 :  10:31:31  Show Profile  Click to see reptilekeeper1992's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi GP yea i have just looked at the back of the tub and it contains

A 2530IU, C 250mg, E 122IU, D3 55IU, K B1 B2 B6 B12 folic, nicotinic and pantothenic acids, biotin choline niacin and minerals Ca 9.9mg P 4.95mg Na Fe K Co I Mn Zn Se Mg Cu

minerals (by the looks of it): calcium, phosphorus, sodium, potassium, copper, iron, magnesium, maganese and some others. Dont know my periodic table too well hehe
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000