New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HannahB
Yearling

United Kingdom
300 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2009 :  15:12:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well the royals are being spoilt this new year..both are getting spanking brand new wooden vivs - 24" long but getting some wood to put in to make it slightly smaller for them both as i know that is slightly too big for them..

am getting a ceramic each for them but this is the q...
what wattage ceramic do i need to get? there were so many on 888reps but nothing saying what wattage is needed for what size viv..

am getting a guard for them aswell so they cant get burnt

also wheres the best place to put the temp probe and stat probe? i was told half way down the viv wall as its the air temp that matters but im not sure.. someone help me?

and another q, what lights are best for viewing inside the vivs? someone said something about LEDs?

feel a right silly billy for not knowing already...

oh and Q shed yesterday for me..all in one piece (those mossy hides work!) so hes now all nice and shiny..will get some pics of him soon

Sigs by lucifer
2.1 Cornsnakes: Montana (Carolina), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender).
2.0 Royal Pythons: Q & Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun King Snake: Simba

matty18714
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2016 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2009 :  15:17:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wouldnt use a ceramic (or any ambient heating) for a viv under 3ft long. You wont get much of a heat gradient.

Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2009 :  21:03:27  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

oh and Q shed yesterday for me..all in one piece (those mossy hides work!) so hes now all nice and shiny..will get some pics of him soon

congrats hun, it's lovely to know he's got such a great home

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2009 :  21:07:04  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

I wouldnt use a ceramic (or any ambient heating) for a viv under 3ft long. You wont get much of a heat gradient.

depends on the height of the viv and where the bulb is mounted........ if it's a low viv or the bulb is on an angled bracket on the side of the viv i think enough gradient should be provided although a mat would also be adequate for royals the size we're talking about

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
Yearling

United Kingdom
300 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2009 :  22:12:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh if i can keep them on a mat for a bit longer then i will do

yeah q is doing really well atm ali, hes coming out of his shell a lot more and is such a sweetie - will get the new pics of him up asap and Little One isnt doing too badly - snappy but getting there

Sigs by lucifer
2.1 Cornsnakes: Montana (Carolina), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender).
2.0 Royal Pythons: Q & Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun King Snake: Simba
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000