Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 upgrading my viv & heat mat issues - please help!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brookehamiltonx
Hatchling

United Kingdom
89 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2009 :  21:40:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi!
I'm upgrading my RP's viv to a exo terra 90x45x45 terrarium. would this be allright to last my female a lifetime?
I am the only person who deals with her in the household & so I entirely care for her myself so she stays in my bedroom where there is a low light. I was wondering wether I could use some sort of overhead light on her tank? Oh & the whole point of this post was.. does anybody know what heat mat would be best for her & this terrarium? I'm really having to get her in her new enclosure asap so any help would be great. Thanks, Brooke xx

Edited by - brookehamiltonx on 28/12/2009 22:16:07

brookehamiltonx
Hatchling

United Kingdom
89 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2009 :  21:41:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
& if anybody could provide me with links, that would be awesome xx

Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2009 :  22:41:30  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
basically no lol

you'd be MUCH better going for a wooden viv of a similar size but as the E-T is glass with a mesh lid maintaining the right temps is a nightmare!

depending on how big your royal is, if you buy a 3 foot viv now you can easily section off a wooden viv so it has a smaller section to live in until it gets to adult size and requires the full viv. and as your royal growns and fills out and gets more heavier-bodied a ceramic or similar is the best method of heating for them (although mats are absolutely fine for hatchies/juvies in tubs/RUBS)

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

brookehamiltonx
Hatchling

United Kingdom
89 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2009 :  23:06:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks totally back to square one though now lol
yeah she's getting quite large now, and the only reason i didn't really want to get a wooden viv is she is going to be on display on a long white unit, and it probably wont go lol :L i know it sounds reeeealy vain its just because i was trying to make the tank a 'focal point' in my newly decorated 'modern style' room - oh well would rather have a happy serpent than a rotten tank that wouldn't work lol oh & thanks btw xx

anybody got any ideas where i could source a nice looking viv about 3ft - oh & one thats not too dear aswel lol thankyouuuuuuu xx

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2009 :  00:55:59  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
ebay about £65. Search for 'vivexotic'

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2009 :  00:58:01  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VIVEXOTIC-REPTILE-VIVARIUM-WALNUT-LX36_W0QQitemZ160367685348QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Pet_Supplies_Reptiles_Spiders_Insects?hash=item2556a8aee4

or with a bit more height:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vivexotic-VX36-Beech-Wooden-Vivarium-Beech-VX-36_W0QQitemZ350296628853QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Pet_Supplies_Reptiles_Spiders_Insects?hash=item518f4e5e75

Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2009 :  07:36:51  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by brookehamiltonx

i know it sounds reeeealy vain its just because i was trying to make the tank a 'focal point' in my newly decorated 'modern style' room - oh well would rather have a happy serpent than a rotten tank that wouldn't work

i'm VERY glad you're putting your snake's welfare over matching particular decor, it's just i know some don't

the vivexotic range are REALLY nice and would definitely still make a nice focal point in the room

Edited by - Gingerpony on 29/12/2009 21:36:22
Go to Top of Page

brookehamiltonx
Hatchling

United Kingdom
89 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2009 :  17:57:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks a lot think i might just go with the walnut maybe
phoned up the place where i got my baby from & they said they have a few wooden & glass vivs in stock for £1OO, not too sure still what im going to do, shes still a little baby - just want the best for her oh i know gingerpony only the best for royalty kidding xx
Go to Top of Page

Zoobeef
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2009 :  18:43:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just ordered a walnut vivexotic in 24"x15"x16" for about £37 squid. Hopefully it should be here soon

www.vx220.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Lukee
Hatchling

United Kingdom
83 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2009 :  19:19:26  Show Profile  Click to see Lukee's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hey guys can I just mention what is the difference between the LX36 and the VX36 cause the VX tend to be a bit more expensive?
Go to Top of Page

Lukee
Hatchling

United Kingdom
83 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2009 :  19:37:53  Show Profile  Click to see Lukee's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ah yeh ones just biggger no worrys, do you guys reckon that the lx36 would be suitable or do I need a vx36?
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2009 :  19:59:52  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The LX should be sufficient, however, I go for the VX myself.

Go to Top of Page

Lukee
Hatchling

United Kingdom
83 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2009 :  20:04:28  Show Profile  Click to see Lukee's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ill go for the lx just that little bit cheaper and its perfect height in the sloping room soo anymore and it just wouldnt fit thanks alot,
Luke.
Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2009 :  21:37:29  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

The LX should be sufficient, however, I go for the VX myself.

and BE's a giant so a stack of 10 tall vivs is no problem for him................

Go to Top of Page

Lukee
Hatchling

United Kingdom
83 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2009 :  22:43:23  Show Profile  Click to see Lukee's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Haha ye, I see id have to get a foot stoolXD, would it be wise to spend 45£ more and get the vx36 3 stack rather than the lx36, im not sure.
Thanks,
Luke.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000