dose anyone knpw if
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bilbo
Yearling

United Kingdom
116 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  21:33:37  Show Profile  Visit bilbo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hi just wanted to ask i have just got a python got her on the 30th and i have been letting her get on with it for a week but i have gone in her viv to change her water today and i think she was hissing at me.. is what i want to know is will she carry on doing this or is it just the move and the new home and new smells and it will stop?? when i went to get her the guy picked her up with no problems and i held her and she seemed fine i am just hoping its just the move and she will be fine after a week or so...

also the guy fed her in the viv do you think i should carry on feeding her in the viv or do you think it will be fine if i take her out and feed her in a rub as i do this with all my corns..

the last one is do female pythons lay eggs without being around a male or do they need a male?? its just the guy told me he found eggs in her viv and just wanted to find out if thats true or not..

sorry but just wanted to ask the above and thanks for your help..

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  21:57:43  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
when i first got my royal he hissed at me, just once, i totally ignored him and picked him up anyway and he never bothered trying it again

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  22:01:27  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i'd initially get feeding established then try feeding out of the viv, but only cause they can be stressy snakes

and yes very occasionally females can lay slugs (infertile eggs) without a male or without having been in with a male for a long time - they can store sperm for use at a later date! i'd certainly be asking questions if he found them in her viv and she's been living on her own though...........

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

bilbo
Yearling

United Kingdom
116 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  22:26:44  Show Profile  Visit bilbo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
also at what age dose a royal python become fully grown?????
Go to Top of Page

james200789
Yearling

United Kingdom
183 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  23:16:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
they grow all of their lives but in their adult years they may only grow 1 mm a year it slows right down. they usually average about 4ft - 4.5ft but have been known to reach 6ft.

1.0.0 Royal Python (Monty)
1.0.0 Western hognose(Fredo)
0.1.0 false water cobra(Suzy)
Go to Top of Page

bilbo
Yearling

United Kingdom
116 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  23:22:38  Show Profile  Visit bilbo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
cool thanks for that..
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  09:52:31  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bilbo

also at what age dose a royal python become fully grown?????

They're tended to be considered adult at over 3 years.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000