Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 How much it cost for a royal python habitat?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

53 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2010 :  13:21:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How much it cost for building up a habitat for a royal excluding the price of the snake.Please help me.[8

james200789
Yearling

United Kingdom
183 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2010 :  13:56:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well how big did u want a viv? i just bought a 4ft viv off ebay £90 + all the stuff i need in it e.g polystyrene background, cork oak trees, vines, silk plants, hides, waterbowls and temp and hygrometer, mat stat, heat mat, lamp £150 so if u say 250 ish you will have a very very good setup. take a look at my post "if carlsberg did royals" and u can see my set up :-)

1.0.0 Royal Python (Monty)
1.0.0 Western hognose(Fredo)
0.1.0 false water cobra(Suzy)
Go to Top of Page

brookehamiltonx
Hatchling

United Kingdom
89 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  22:42:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My temporary set up for my 6mth old royal cost me £190 w. medium tank and heat pad, thermometre, hygrometre (digi) with probes! substrate, hides, decor etc. x

Go to Top of Page

GMac
Grumpy scots admin

United Kingdom
1152 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  22:59:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my setup (for 4 month old) a large faun, mat, stat, hide and moss hide incl moss, water dish, thermometer, aspen and other bits and bobs was £60.

But all depends on what size royal

Royals, Corns, Boa, Kings, Hoggy, Ratsnakes

Edited by - GMac on 08/01/2010 23:02:09
Go to Top of Page

brookehamiltonx
Hatchling

United Kingdom
89 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2010 :  18:36:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GMac

my setup (for 4 month old) a large faun, mat, stat, hide and moss hide incl moss, water dish, thermometer, aspen and other bits and bobs was £60.

But all depends on what size royal

yeah when I got Cleo she was four months old, and quite large for her age.. thats why I had to buy a large faunarium - and without the divider! lol

Go to Top of Page

brookehamiltonx
Hatchling

United Kingdom
89 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2010 :  18:42:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh & also, it really depends what kind of style of habitat you are wanting to create for your royal. Remember, it doesn't really have to be a big elaborate design, something such as a RUB (really useful box) such as a tupperware or rubbermaid storage box proves to be a great enviroment for a hatchling and adult ball python, as long as they are a suitable size. Your substrate is a big issue too - if you are wanting the habitat to have a natural look about it, something such as orchid bark,aspen or coco husk is a great choice, but proves to be alot more expensive than kitchen roll or newspaper. And of course, your hides can be anything from as simple as old shoeboxes with holes cut out or even a toilet roll tube. The essentials are:

- Heat pad with stat
- 2 hides..one on hot side, one on cool.
- Water dish large enough to be able to soak in.
- Substrate
- Thermometre & Hygrometre.

You can if you wish, add a light on the warm side & whatever other stuff for decor purposes.

888reptiles.co.uk that is a really good site to get great prices decorational items and all sorts of lights, substrate etc.

hope this helps, Brooke & Cleo xx

Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  21:01:07  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
how much it costs is like 'how long is a piece of string?'

you could pay £50 for a set-up from one place or £150 for an identical set-up from another place..............

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  21:18:37  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
As the OP has been banned he's unlikely to be coming back for an answer,but good info to have on the forum anyway

Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  21:33:02  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
oh i forgot lo, it came up in 'active topics' and i'd bitten my tongue long enough with the OP............

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000