New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

stuart grout
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2010 :  09:06:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HI,I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM BUT NOT REPTILES. I HAVE JUST BOUGHT 2 ROYAL PYTHONS AND THEY WERE LISTED AS HYGOLD ROYAL PYTHONS CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHY ARE THEY CALLED HYGOLDS OR IS IT JUST A NAME THE SELLER CALLED THEM TO HELP SELL THEM AM HAPPY WITH THEM I AM JUST CURIOUS!

*moved from other pythons section.

Edited by - dazb on 24/01/2010 11:11:54

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2010 :  11:14:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that they are just brighter ones than normal ones.

Did you pay extra for them?

Can you post any pic's of them?

Go to Top of Page

stuart grout
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2010 :  14:29:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I AM A NIGHTMARE SAW THE 2 ROYALS AND JUST HAD TO BUY THEM AS THEY ARE SOOOO COOL!!! PROBIBLY PAID TO MUCH FOR THEM BUT THE BLOKE WOULD'NT TAKE LESS TRYED TO BUY 1 AND TRYED TO HAGGLE ON PRICE BUT HE WOULDNT BUDGE. I WAS AFTER A FEMALE OVER 3 AND A HALF FOOT HE WAS 7 MILES UP THE ROAD FROM ME.BOTH SNAKES ARE 3'8 ISH FEMALE BIGGER GIRTH. ALL SNAKES IN MY AREA SMALL OR TO FAR TO TRAVEL NOW THIS IS THE BIT ABOUT COST £180 FOR BOTH HOPE I HAVE NOT BEEN RIPED OF TO MUCH WILL TRY 2 POST PICTURES THANKS FOR REPLYING STUART
Go to Top of Page

337smile
Yearling

296 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2010 :  14:49:53  Show Profile  Click to see 337smile's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't say you have been ripped off, fair price ish. Female royal of that size you'll be looking at about £100 from what I've seen. Did you get a male as well?
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2010 :  15:12:27  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
not a bad price for a pair,what age are they?

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2010 :  15:13:59  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
High gold, just means that they are showing more gold in their pattern than is usual. Genetically they are normal.

£180 for an adult male and female is about right I would say, maybe a bit high.

Go to Top of Page

stuart grout
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2010 :  17:51:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
YES GOT MALE AND FEMALE BEEN LIVING TOGETHER SINCE THEY WERE JUVENILE I WAS GOING TO SELL MALE BUT DAD GAVE ME £90 TO PAY FOR MALE SO I CAN KEEP BOTH YIPEEE! GOT THEM BOTH IN A 3 FOOT BY 2 FOOT BY 2 FOOT VIV USUAL 2 HIDES WATER BOWL DIMMER STAT,BRANCHES AND PLASTIC FOLIDGE. OH YES AND THEY ARE 3 YEARS OLD. LUV EM!! HOPE VIV BIG ENOUGH THEY WERE KEPT IN SAME SIZE VIV FROM WERE THEY CAME FROM.BEEN FED ON RATS AND CHICKS. FEED NIGHT TONIGHT FIRST ONE HOPE THEY ARE STRIKE FEEDERS! HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE. STUART
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2010 :  18:16:20  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I am not a fan of co-habiting at all, but if you are going to then I would get a larger viv and more hides.

Go to Top of Page

stuart grout
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2010 :  18:22:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK THANKS FOR ADVICE ALWAYS WELCOME!
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
Yearling

United Kingdom
300 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2010 :  17:31:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
chicks arent really very useful for royals - very messy outcome

and yeah you will ened more hides - cardboard boxes will do though
look forwards to the pics

Sigs by lucifer
2.1 Cornsnakes: Montana (Carolina), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender).
2.0 Royal Pythons: Q & Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun King Snake: Simba
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Hatchling

United Kingdom
65 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2010 :  17:34:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have a read of this-
http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2922

1.0.0 Royal python- Diego
1.0.0 Ghost corn- Casper
0.1.0 Amel corn- Mushu
1.0.0 Miami corn- Crockett
3.0.0 Cats- Dave, Bodget and Scrumpy
0.9.0 Chickens- Mrs Featherstone, Stumpy, Lucky, Suzie Speckles, Daisy, Snowdrop, Duracell, Marilyn and Maureen
1.2.0 Border terriers- Milly, Mo and Harry
and about 40,000 honey bees.
Go to Top of Page

stuart grout
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2010 :  20:50:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WHAT ARE YOUR HONEY BEES NAMES LOL THANKS FOR THE LINK READ IT! HUMMMM NEW VIV OR SELL MALE I WONDER! YEP I NEW CHICKS ARE MESSY AND NOT THAT GOOD FOR SNAKES OK I SUPPOSE FOR ODD SNACK BUT ONLY FED ON CHICKS AS JUST GOT ROYALS SO WANTED TO KEEP THEM ON THEM AS THEY ARE USED TO THEM DID NOT WANT TO STRESS THEM OUT ANY MORE THAN HAVE TO JUST WHILE THEY ARE SETTLING IN. ANYWAY FEEDING WENT WELL LAST NIGHT AND MANAGED TO TAKE 2 CHICKS AND (CHANGE OF PLAN) 1 LARGE MOUSE EACH! RATS HERE WE COME DONT LIKE THE IDEA OF FEEDING LOTS OF PREY IN ONE FEED WOULD RATHER FEED 1 LARGE RAT.FEEDING IS SO COOL AS BOTH STRIKE FEEDERS.
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Hatchling

United Kingdom
65 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2010 :  20:58:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lucky you if they both strike feed! Good choice moving onto rats, they are far better for royals than mice and chicks. You may find it helps to rub the rats with a nice juicy mouse the first time just in case they turn their noses up at them. I have heard it can be tricky to switch them over once they are established on mice.

1.0.0 Royal python- Diego
1.0.0 Ghost corn- Casper
0.1.0 Amel corn- Mushu
1.0.0 Miami corn- Crockett
3.0.0 Cats- Dave, Bodget and Scrumpy
0.9.0 Chickens- Mrs Featherstone, Stumpy, Lucky, Suzie Speckles, Daisy, Snowdrop, Duracell, Marilyn and Maureen
1.2.0 Border terriers- Milly, Mo and Harry
and about 40,000 honey bees.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000