matty198111
Yearling

United Kingdom
174 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2010 :  16:04:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi guys

just wandered if any of you had any advice on my problem

firstly its not snake related so no worries there

what it is i drive a iveco daily van for work and we fit garage doors which we carry on the frail on the side.

some times we have sectional doors or roller doors that fit inside the van with the back doors closed.

my problem is that friday we have to fit a door thats so big its gonna be sticking out the back of the van by about 4ft, and if this is gonna get me in trouble with the law then im not gonna do it.
but what i need to know is, is it illegal and what are the punishment for getting caught.

i need to know the facts so i can clearly point it out to my boss so there is no confusion.

also if you have a link to a site where its all written out if u could provide a link to that site i would really appreciate it

many thanks

mat

chris100575
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
743 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2010 :  08:36:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mat, have a look at this:

http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roads/vehicles/vssafety/info-overhangingloads.pdf

In a nutshell, for your four foot overhang it means that you need to make the end clearly visible. I have seen people do this with a red flag, but I'd ask your boss if he has proper projection markers. I'm also fairly sure that the distance from the end of the load to the rear axle of the vehicle cannot be more than 60% of the wheelbase of the vehicle, but it's not mentioned in the sheet above.

Hope this helps.

0.1.0 Royal Python - Princess
0.1.0 BCI - Feather
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000