Feeding tips please
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lettsy1
Yearling

United Kingdom
147 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2010 :  20:52:31  Show Profile  Click to see Lettsy1's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hiya all, can you please give me some advice, after reading your tips on what a royal should be eating i dont think sheba has been fed enough, she is on one small mouse every 7 days but i think she should be on something larger she is an early CB09, she is due afeed on monday after being fed last monday, but the small mouse is smaller than her body diameter. Being new to this i want to get it right by her. I was thinkin about gettin a small rat and defrostin it with a mouse to get the scent so she may take it easier and not so much of a change. I only got her on wed and will get some scales to weigh her over the weekend before i feed her on mon. Any advice would be really helpful.
Michelle x

1.1.0 Royal (Dash,Sheba & Ditto)
1.1.0 Western Hognose (Frank & Grace)
0.0.1 Snow Corn (Ghost)

Nazzle
Yearling

United Kingdom
114 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2010 :  22:06:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Feed her 10 - 15% of her body weight. Weighing her is easy, use kitchen scales and a rub/shoe box/ box of your choice with air holes. My 09 is 450g and is on one rat weaner every 7 days.

Go to Top of Page

Lettsy1
Yearling

United Kingdom
147 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2010 :  22:34:59  Show Profile  Click to see Lettsy1's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks Nazzle, will weigh her before i feed her on monday and change size of food to suit. will let you know how i get on.

0.0.1 Snow Corn (Ghost)
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2010 :  07:08:57  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
0-400g feed ~ every 5 days
400-800g feed ~ every 7 days
800-1200g feed ~ every 10 days
1200g+ feed ~ every 14 days

These are just a rough guide.

Go to Top of Page

Lettsy1
Yearling

United Kingdom
147 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2010 :  22:28:09  Show Profile  Click to see Lettsy1's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ok have weighed sheba and she comes in at 283g so she is underweight, any advice on how to put some meat on her please, will try to get her eatin every 5 days as advised by BE, is that goin to be enough or will i need to change from small mice too? just worried cos dont want to stress her too much,

0.0.1 Snow Corn (Ghost)
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2010 :  22:44:20  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Small mice aren't really enough, try large mice or even rat fluffs or small weaners.

Go to Top of Page

Lettsy1
Yearling

United Kingdom
147 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2010 :  10:08:45  Show Profile  Click to see Lettsy1's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks BE, have also found the thread Spor put on regarding size, so now have something to compare the sizes to.

0.0.1 Snow Corn (Ghost)
Go to Top of Page

mischang
Yearling

United Kingdom
482 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2010 :  19:16:28  Show Profile  Click to see mischang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
must admit BE ur guide on weight to how often i have written down it is useful to have some sort of guide to refer too . thx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000