New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mikehall
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2010 :  15:07:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have had my 6 month old royal for about a month and all seems to be going well. Hes fed fine and has even shed his skin with no problems during the time i have had him. There is one concern that i have though...i recently bought a new rocky outcrop style house to put at the cold end of the tank to give him a choice if he was feeling to hot, however since getting this house he has taking to sitting in there days on end..ive even lifted the house away to encourage him to use the warm side because i was worried about him getting too cold. Is this normal behaviour ?

Edited by - Mikehall on 17/04/2010 15:07:42

Lettsy1
Yearling

United Kingdom
147 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2010 :  15:25:02  Show Profile  Click to see Lettsy1's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hiya, i've had my royal now for about a month too, and she has pretty much hid since before her shed, now very rarely comes out, have been told by more experienced ppl that when they are settled they do hide more. i'm sure its nothing to worry about, i guess when they find somewhere they like they tend to stay there, but others on here can you more qualified advice than i can!

1.1.0 Royal (Dash,Sheba & Ditto)
1.1.0 Western Hognose (Frank & Grace)
0.0.1 Snow Corn (Ghost)
Go to Top of Page

boze
Yearling

United Kingdom
408 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2010 :  18:05:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wouldnt worry about it, they know what temperature they want and need to be and I'm 100% certain that he is out at night, when the entire house is completely silent, warming himself up if he needs to. :-)

D

0.1.0. Royal (Salmissra)
0.0.1. Western Hognose (Spiderman)

quote:
Originally posted by ruxpin64
I'm so happy I may lay on my back and pee in the air like a baby!

Go to Top of Page

Robert
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
957 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2010 :  19:30:53  Show Profile  Visit Robert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As above, so long as he has a warm and a cool spot he'll move between them at will, my guess is that he is staking his claim to his new hideaway :)

Go to Top of Page

spor
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1226 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2010 :  20:10:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
all pretty normal behaviour. when using heat lamps rather than mats the air temp is warmer so they can maintain a comfortable temp easier. most of mine spend more time in their cool hide.

0.4.0 Royal Python
1.0.0 Pastel Royal
0.1.0 Spider Royal
1.1.0 Carolina Corn Snake
1.0.0 Normal Stripe Corn
1.0.0 Yellow Bellied Turtle
Go to Top of Page

chris100575
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
743 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2010 :  08:30:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He probably just likes his new house. He'll move to the other end if he gets cold.

0.1.0 Royal Python - Princess
0.1.0 BCI - Feather
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000