Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

spor
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1226 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2010 :  23:55:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been very bold. Had built my new vivs so all ready for my spider royal arriving in a couple of weeks. well i had made the stack with one extra compartment than what i needed. thought i keep all my bits and bobs in that side scale, substrate mist bottle etc.
I have just set it up with heat mat and stat and thermometers for a 6month old royal i'm picking up on sunday or monday.LOL

Some one with no experience with royals was offering it for free as it is apparently a bit nippy. Couldn't really turn that offer down. Not when I had a spare viv and all the equipment just sitting there.

so with that and my spider i will have gathered a collection of 9 snakes. 4 normal royal, 1 pastel, 1 spider, and 2 carolina corn and 1 stripe corn (all in less than a year) I think i better stop now, or move to an even bigger house (again!)

I do still have 2 spare vivs out in the garage though. just in case

0.4.0 Royal Python
1.0.0 Pastel Royal
0.1.0 Spider Royal
1.1.0 Carolina Corn Snake
1.0.0 Normal Stripe Corn
1.0.0 Yellow Bellied Turtle

Edited by - spor on 05/05/2010 18:26:19

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2010 :  08:40:29  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
lol - well done.

Go to Top of Page

Welly
Yearling

United Kingdom
423 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2010 :  09:52:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did Boyal in Jan, Mexi black in Feb and pick up a BRB next month lol.

Addictive hey

0.1.0 Royal Python
0.0.1 Mexican Black King
1.0.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa
Go to Top of Page

spor
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1226 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2010 :  02:29:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well pick royal up today. and brought it to be sexed. She is a lovely late 09 female( my thoughts were another one, as all my normals i believe to be female) she is a nice weight 240g on medium mice and chunky good muscle tone. small amount of retained shed on head but that no issue. Only thing i have to deal with are mites! ah wee so and so. She is not to bad from what i can see and gave her a really good look over tonight. mostly up around the back of her head. going to start front line treatment tomorrow. As for being nippy as described by previous owner, she has shown no sign of aggression or defense with me, and is not head shy at all. i think it may have been his nervousness that caused an issue rather than the snakes behavior. Oh also got a free mat sat and a few mice from him. so all in all apart from mites I got a great bargain. retail value of close to £100 for nothing. and don't worry she is in quarantine so all other snakes or safe and the latex disposable gloves are back. I'll try and get some updated pics up of the whole collection soon. Might wait to my spider arrives though.

0.4.0 Royal Python
1.0.0 Pastel Royal
0.1.0 Spider Royal
1.0.0 Normal Stripe Corn
Go to Top of Page

mischang
Yearling

United Kingdom
482 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2010 :  09:20:38  Show Profile  Click to see mischang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
sound great ur so jammy lol wish i was so lucky let us know how u get on with her !

Go to Top of Page

Robert
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
957 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2010 :  09:57:00  Show Profile  Visit Robert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Could also be the mites that are making her a bit nippy too as they must be irritating, Sounds like you have a good collection there I too have bought 4 snakes in the past year and looking for a couple more this year too they are so addictive.

Go to Top of Page

spor
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1226 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2010 :  12:38:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cheers all. Yeah a bit jammy getting her. luck as much as experience. I lived closest to previuos owner. thats how i ended up with her. and when i got home last night from work and checked gumtree. belfast. some one is offering a garter snake free to good home. Not interested it it though.LOL

i'll keep you all up to date on the mites situation.

0.4.0 Royal Python
1.0.0 Pastel Royal
0.1.0 Spider Royal
1.0.0 Normal Stripe Corn
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
Yearling

United Kingdom
300 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2010 :  16:51:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
congrats on the new arrival - hope you get rid of the mites without too many problems
i went from 1 snake in june to having 9 by november (including my bf's two corns..) addict... YEP!!

Sigs by lucifer
2.1 Cornsnakes: Montana (Carolina), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender).
2.0 Royal Pythons: Q & Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun King Snake: Simba
Go to Top of Page

spor
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1226 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  00:39:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well might treatment going well. and she had a great strike at a medium mouse tonight. which was lovely to see as she had not been strike feeding before.

0.4.0 Royal Python
1.0.0 Pastel Royal
0.1.0 Spider Royal
1.0.0 Normal Stripe Corn
Go to Top of Page

spor
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1226 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2010 :  16:35:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok had second bath today and no sign of any mites this time so starting to look good. and here is a wee pic of her. she really is a lovely little girl and not a sign of being nippy.She has been named Andromeda.

0.4.0 Royal Python
1.0.0 Pastel Royal
0.1.0 Spider Royal
1.0.0 Normal Stripe Corn

Edited by - spor on 02/05/2010 16:36:40
Go to Top of Page

spor
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1226 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2010 :  18:33:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by spor

. she really is a lovely little girl and not a sign of being nippy

take it back. very defensive this evening and i got tagged. that was my first. i'm in the club.

she is just a bit nervous and not to far away from a shed i think so will not hold it against her. lol and for those who are wondering . no its wasn't sore. i barely noticed see had done it.

as for the mites . still no sign so longer even better. this is the 2nd week so next week i'll be frontlining her again and making sure they are all gone. will keep you updated on mites and the tagging.LOL

0.4.0 Royal Python
1.0.0 Pastel Royal
0.1.0 Spider Royal
1.0.0 Normal Stripe Corn
Go to Top of Page

mischang
Yearling

United Kingdom
482 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2010 :  19:44:16  Show Profile  Click to see mischang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
congrats on been tagged i must say i have yet to join that club , glad to hear you are getting sorted and she is a cutie isnt she

Go to Top of Page

spor
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1226 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2010 :  01:10:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well still no sign of mights. feeding okay. in shed at the min. and i got tagged again. this time on the knuckle as i went to pick her up to change paper and add damp hide. Just picked her up straight after. so she knows that that threat will not work.

0.4.0 Royal Python
1.0.0 Pastel Royal
0.1.0 Spider Royal
1.0.0 Normal Stripe Corn
Go to Top of Page

mischang
Yearling

United Kingdom
482 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2010 :  22:17:26  Show Profile  Click to see mischang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
good on ya mate !

Go to Top of Page

Welly
Yearling

United Kingdom
423 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2010 :  23:13:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've never been biten. I'm kinda feeling left out

0.1.0 Royal Python
0.0.1 Mexican Black King
1.0.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa
Go to Top of Page

mischang
Yearling

United Kingdom
482 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2010 :  10:22:08  Show Profile  Click to see mischang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i was nearly last night by my newbie she is 2750g and a grumpy old lady i nearly neede dtena lady and i can tell you know i was feeling left out but now i am scared s***tless so wont be planning on joing that one ppppppppwwwww.

Go to Top of Page

spor
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1226 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  22:03:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
had her out for a bath early today. still cloudy eyes which is a longest i have seen any of my snakes blue before. anyway all went ok. Had gloves on just incase especially as she can't see the best. no striking but boy was she ready to. hoping for a good shed and then start the frontline again. once mites are def gone i think she'll nearly be good to come out of quarentine and hopefully being in a viv with it opening from the front will settle her a bit . rather that being in the rub and hands coming in from above her.

0.4.0 Royal Python
1.0.0 Pastel Royal
0.1.0 Spider Royal
1.0.0 Normal Stripe Corn
Go to Top of Page

spor
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1226 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2010 :  21:24:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
started second run of frontline now. but there have been no mites for a week so very happy with that. I have had to lift her out twice now in the last few days and there have be no strikes but she is wound up like a spring and so tench just ready for it.

0.4.0 Royal Python
1.0.0 Pastel Royal
0.1.0 Spider Royal
1.0.0 Normal Stripe Corn
Go to Top of Page

spor
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1226 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2010 :  02:17:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well all going well. still no mites and i think i have managed to get her on to rats. fingers crossed away thats what she has had for last 2 feeds. hasn't struck at me again but did have her out one day last week and she was just striking out at movement but striking at nothing just out in to the air.

0.4.0 Royal Python
1.0.0 Pastel Royal
0.1.0 Spider Royal
1.0.0 Normal Stripe Corn
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2010 :  06:56:56  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds good

Go to Top of Page

mischang
Yearling

United Kingdom
482 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2010 :  12:44:30  Show Profile  Click to see mischang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
congrats well done

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000