New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dmc
Snake Mite

Ireland
18 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2010 :  21:34:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yesterday afternoon i had both my royals out and just let them roam around the living room for about an hour b4 axl knocked over an ornament and broke it so i decided to put him back in his viv but left murphy out as he was just sitting in the corner but about half an hour later i got up to get a drink and noticed axl wasnt in his viv!! id left it opened and he got out without me noticing! luckily he had no way of getting upstairs so i could narrow it down to him being in either the living room dining room or kitchen! after about an hour and a half and taking the whole bottom half of the house apart i decided to take the kick boards off from below the kitchen presses and eventually found him half way out a hole in the wall! there was no way outside but he would of got in between the cavity blocks and probably never have came out! another 5 seconds and i think it was bye bye axl!!

dc

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2010 :  21:39:59  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ouch, good catch!

Go to Top of Page

boost-boy74
Snake Mite

31 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2010 :  21:42:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
very lucky escape.....
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2016 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2010 :  22:27:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At least you will remember to lock the viv door next time

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2010 :  11:30:57  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
that was lucky, when i lost my corn and then eventaully found him i found a shed skin about a few months later when we were doing work in the house in a whole that went behind the walls and into another room but the whole in the other room had another whole in it that led under the floor boards so i was lucky he didn't find that one

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

mischang
Yearling

United Kingdom
482 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2010 :  18:22:38  Show Profile  Click to see mischang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
well done for ur quick thinking,dam that was close

Go to Top of Page

spor
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1226 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2010 :  20:03:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that was a close one. and i hope the ornament wasn't an antique.

0.4.0 Royal Python
1.0.0 Pastel Royal
0.1.0 Spider Royal
1.1.0 Carolina Corn Snake
1.0.0 Normal Stripe Corn
1.0.0 Yellow Bellied Turtle
Go to Top of Page

hodgie
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1197 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2010 :  21:07:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My little Spider got out a couple of months ago because i foolishly left her viv unlocked. Now they are all in their own room and the door is always shut after i leave them. I would be ashamed of myself if one escaped again especially as i have a male cat who would find them entertaining for an hour or 2.

Royals owned "lots"

Edited by - hodgie on 31/05/2010 21:08:11
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000