New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hodgie
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1197 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2010 :  21:39:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im thinking of going to my first rep show this year and would appreciate some advice from the more seasoned members please.
I know this is abit hit or miss but are Royal morphs any cheaper than in rep shops, and is it a case of holding out to the end of the day hoping for a bargain? I only ask because i live well down in the sticks in Plymouth and driving to Donny and back i`d be looking at around 600 miles So i`t would probably cost £100 just for the day compared to just phoning a shop and getting them to send my my next Royal.

Royals owned "lots"

mischang
Yearling

United Kingdom
482 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2010 :  22:24:33  Show Profile  Click to see mischang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i dont know but its a dam good question !

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2010 :  06:42:23  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes prices are generally a lot cheaper than at shops or even direct from breeders.

The best prices are either very first thing (IHS members usually get in 30 mins earlier than general public and can snap up bargains) or as you suggested, late on because none of the breeders want to take stock back home with them.

There are shows closer to you than Donny (Portsmouth and Maidstone off the top of my head) but Donny is the largest in the UK, particularly the September show.

Go to Top of Page

hodgie
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1197 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2010 :  10:02:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
many thanks

Royals owned "lots"

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly