what do you think?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

reptiledanny
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2010 :  17:39:04  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
this is my setup for my royal that i will be getting from donny.
what do you think?

this is the whole tank

this is the warm side

the cold side

the warm hide

the whole tank consists of 2 medium exo terra hides, 1 exo terra medium water bowl, aspen bedding and 1 exo terra standing plant.

what do you think?

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey

Welly
Yearling

United Kingdom
423 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2010 :  17:54:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks good. Have you got any cork bark? Just a small amount even an offcut would be a good idea as it's better at starting the shedding. The cave's are really smooth so not ideal. I've watched both mine use cork bark.

It's not essential though

0.1.0 Royal Python
0.0.1 Mexican Black King
1.0.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2010 :  18:01:59  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
im going to the shop again on sunday so will see of the have small pieces as there is not enough room for anything big, thanks for coments

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2010 :  19:12:36  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Looks good. Danny, I could bring you some bark to Donny if you wanted I have loads of off-cuts spare.

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2010 :  19:50:42  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
please BE. i was guna buy a big piece and then cut it down and out some in monty's viv and some in the royals but that would be better. how much do you want for them ( a few pieces and how big are the off cuts?)

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2010 :  20:34:33  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
How many do you want and roughly what size, you can have them for nowt if I have them.

Go to Top of Page

spor
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1226 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2010 :  01:00:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
looks good. you could maybe put some background or dark card around the back and sides to make it feel even more secure.

0.4.0 Royal Python
1.0.0 Pastel Royal
0.1.0 Spider Royal
1.1.0 Carolina Corn Snake
1.0.0 Normal Stripe Corn
1.0.0 Yellow Bellied Turtle
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2010 :  07:56:15  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

How many do you want and roughly what size, you can have them for nowt if I have them.

ill have any, about 10 inches long, not bothered really bowt size, if it is to big i can just cut them down.

i was thinking about putting something round the back to make it more secure, will it make the snake feel better alot more?

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2010 :  10:14:06  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That's the good thing about RUB's, they're opaque so not as open. I would put something along at least the long back wall, probably the two end walls too personally.

Like this:

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2010 :  20:45:59  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ok then i will print out some designs as if i buy some i will end up cutting them too small and ruining them. what kind of design, rain forest, desert, underwater?

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2010 :  21:10:57  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Whatever you like

Go to Top of Page

spor
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1226 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2010 :  00:16:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah what ever you want the snake will not be bothered by what the image is. its the security created by light not getting in and it not being able to see out.

0.4.0 Royal Python
1.0.0 Pastel Royal
0.1.0 Spider Royal
1.1.0 Carolina Corn Snake
1.0.0 Normal Stripe Corn
1.0.0 Yellow Bellied Turtle
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2010 :  16:10:19  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
where does a royal live? in rainforest, desert, as i would like to get as natural as i can

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2010 :  19:54:56  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Rodent burrows in West Africa.

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2010 :  21:51:36  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
so desert feels with some trees

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000