New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dogstar
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2010 :  09:30:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My Royal, Mitch, did his first poo since I've had him during the night, most of it seems normal, white stuff (which I've read is urates?) and general poo like looking stuff (sniggers).
But then there is a big ball of what looks like shed-skin next to him. He only shed just before I got him and I would have noticed the shedding process surely.

Does this have anything to do with his poo/has he brought stuff back up. I haven't moved it for now, as he was half sat on it, and I didn't want to pull, incase it was skin that was attached to him. Any ideas?

Cheers x

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2010 :  10:34:30  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Could well be a shed, they tend to 'go' when they shed due to all the movement and stretching.

Go to Top of Page

mischang
Yearling

United Kingdom
482 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2010 :  12:54:18  Show Profile  Click to see mischang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
you may not of noticed as some go blue for a day then just a little dull where as others it takes weeks !

Go to Top of Page

Dogstar
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2010 :  13:59:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh right, I reckon thats why he's been hiding a lot too. It's just odd as the previous owner said he found it really difficult shedding, but this seems like one big chunk.
He certainly did 'go' alright! Thanks x
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2010 :  14:25:51  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
when mine sheds its always rolled up into a ball and followed by a poo,so i wouldnt worry,probably just missed the blue phase

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Go to Top of Page

Dogstar
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2010 :  17:00:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yup that'll be it then, it was all rolled up too. I've only had him two weeks, and he's managed to eat, poo and shed. Crikey!
Go to Top of Page

mischang
Yearling

United Kingdom
482 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2010 :  20:21:41  Show Profile  Click to see mischang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
well he must be chillaxed ! lol

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000