New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nazzle
Yearling

United Kingdom
114 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2010 :  19:30:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today is about the worst posible day for one of our micro-climate dimmers to malfunction. It was definately working this morning, but at the end of today I checked temps as it's warm and Victoria's warm end was nearly 38 degrees! Somehow the thermostat has stopped actually controlling the bulb, the little "heating" light flicks off when you turn the dial down, so the probe must work, but nothing happens to the bulb even when it's turned to minimum. I've checked it out on another bulb and it's definately the stat.

Hopefully the shop will give me a replacement tomorrow as it's only a few months old (and they are usually fab). At least it should be warm enough for her over night.

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2010 :  19:45:39  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That's a pain, are you just turning the bulb off tonight?

Go to Top of Page

Nazzle
Yearling

United Kingdom
114 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2010 :  21:33:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, but the room is thermostated to 20 degrees and she hasn't eaten in the last few days, so hopefully she'll be OK. Unfortunately Markham shut quite early and by the time I spotted it it was too late to get to anywhere else, or I'd have sorted it tonight. I've got spares of bulbs, UV bulbs, mats... Never thought I'd need an emergency stat. I daren't leave a bulb or mat unstated. Thank god I went in to check temps before I left, if not I wouldn't have seen it until tomorrow evening when I was due to nip in for a quick spot check. God knows what the temperature's would have risen to with the hot weather we're due tomorrow.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2010 :  21:57:33  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I could have lent you an on/off one

Go to Top of Page

Nazzle
Yearling

United Kingdom
114 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2010 :  22:42:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, should have posted to you from work, never thought just panicked. It'll be sorted first thing in the morning. I'm a bit miffed about what went wrong. I (wrongly) assumed that as it has been set up and working fine it would be OK for the forseeable future. I'm going to have to come to one of the york reptile nights so I can meet a few locals.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2010 :  08:29:54  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
You'll have to say hello then though

Seriously, if you go to Markham, you're only 4 or 5 miles from my house so if you ever need anything in an emergency I usually have some spares hanging around.

Go to Top of Page

Robert
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
957 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  20:38:57  Show Profile  Visit Robert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
At least the temperatures are high at the moment so they shouldn't suffer too much hope you get it sorted tomorrow I know I'd feel the same if it happened to me !

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000