New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rubix_02
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2010 :  18:48:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all, recently had some success with a method of feeding my little lady so I thought id post it. Story so far, hadn't eaten for over 6 months, would come and sniff the food, but not even interested, had her checked at the vets, done blood tests, the hole works and she's fine, was told about his method by a the chap would runs reptile rescue den in bolton. Basically it involves putting her in a box, putting the box with her in the viv and leaving for about 10/15 mintues so she settles down, then carefully lifting the lid and sliding the food in, leaving her alone for a while, first time i left her for 1 hour and when I checked she'd eaten. Have had 4 successfully feeds since, on the last one i tried feeding her in the viv, she struck for the rat twice but missed both times so she went back in the box, 10 minutes later all gone. I have now made a special box to feed her in and its working a treat so far.

some pictures of my box, it has a sliding plate at the top which makes it easy to put the food in and close it. just need a proper latch for it.

Royal Python 0.1.0
Leopard Gecko 1.1.0

spor
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1226 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2010 :  23:43:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
have heard this method used before , glad it worked for you. though you should put some air holes in your box.

0.4.0 Royal Python
1.0.0 Pastel Royal
0.1.0 Spider Royal
1.1.0 Carolina Corn Snake
1.0.0 Normal Stripe Corn
1.0.0 Yellow Bellied Turtle
Go to Top of Page

heaton177
Yearling

204 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2010 :  18:08:31  Show Profile  Click to see heaton177's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
good to no mate :) havent had the problem of a non feeder, but will be useful in the future. you seem like a bit of a handy man :P
Go to Top of Page

rubix_02
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2010 :  20:58:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheers, bit of a handy man might be pushing it, will definitly put some air holes in though.

Royal Python 0.1.0
Leopard Gecko 1.1.0
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000