New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

spor
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1226 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2010 :  22:44:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well it has been a good couple of weeks so far. Both Dahomey and Gaia have taken there first meal after fasting for over 6months. Kanu my pastel had his first ever abolutely perfect shed. Ashanti my new little spider who is brill( despite having tagged me a couple of days ago) seems to have quite happily takening to frozen thawed prey. Andromeda hasn't struck at me for some time although you can tell she wants to. the only mishap was that Niobe one of my corns tried to eat my son. LOL he was helping me to clean out vivs and i gave him niobe to hold ( now niobe is an august 09 corn so still pretty small.) but while empty out viv i heard this "daddy whats she doing?" and when i look at her she was locked on to his wrist bone. then off cours my son who is only 6 realised what she was doing. my that time i had her off and sent him to go and wash his wrist. he came back with too tiny pin *****s on his wrist. he said it stung a bit but wasn't phazed at all and was waiting to hold the next snake. when we where finished with vivs he ran out to call for the 15year old who lives next to us( and who owns a royal) to show him his battle scares. Bless.

so good week all in all.

0.4.0 Royal Python
1.0.0 Pastel Royal
0.1.0 Spider Royal
1.1.0 Carolina Corn Snake
1.0.0 Normal Stripe Corn
1.0.0 Yellow Bellied Turtle

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  07:02:10  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Congrats, I still have one being a stubborn bugger

Go to Top of Page

Robert
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
957 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  09:50:35  Show Profile  Visit Robert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Congrats on the feed :) LOL at your son showing off his tag, :)

Go to Top of Page

spor
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1226 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  23:41:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

Congrats, I still have one being a stubborn bugger

is that the same one that has not eaten this year.?

funny my 2 even though they had not be eating just went in to shed. both had great sheds. refused the first week after shed. the second week i just warmed large mouse a bit with the dyer and left out side hides. one took it with in 5 mins the other sniffed around for a good bit. i took it out after 2hrs gave it another blast with the dyer and strike. awh it was great to see. as that was dahomey my wee reacue from august last year. whio had not really established him self as a striker before his fast.

0.4.0 Royal Python
1.0.0 Pastel Royal
0.1.0 Spider Royal
1.0.0 Normal Stripe Corn
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2010 :  06:52:17  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes he still hasn't eaten in 2010, he hasn't shed either, I'm waiting for him to shed and then hopefully he'll be ready.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2010 :  06:52:44  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
PS. Great news on Dahomey.

Go to Top of Page

spor
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1226 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2010 :  22:29:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheers BE. he turned out a nice sucess story and great experience. not that i would wish it on any one but taking a frail poorly close to death snake into your care is a great learning experience you really learn how to work with your snakes, rather than just have them. if you know what i mean.

0.4.0 Royal Python
1.0.0 Pastel Royal
0.1.0 Spider Royal
1.0.0 Normal Stripe Corn
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2010 :  07:47:23  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I know exactly what you mean, not nice, but a great way to learn.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000