New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jody McGrath
Hatchling

United Kingdom
79 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2010 :  22:47:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Kanu (aka Spoopy, don't ask, girlfriend's pet name for him) after me asking how often they shed is certainly due for a shed.

That night I fed him two mice, which he gulped down a treat, one head first, second rear end first! I always like to make sure he's ok when he's eating and I think he likes to show off to be honest. Anyway, I noticed his eyes had gone blue since the morning, they cleared Thursday so just waiting now. Bit worried as it'll be his first one at home, but quite excited really.

Have some more pics to put up soon as now have internet!

On another note, I can join the tagged club, purely my own fault. I could see he was interested in my wiggling finger so when I was putting him back in his viv I was intrigued as to whether he would actually go for it. I wiggled it and he went into strike position and I just thought sod it, at least I'm prepared. He struck me on the thumb and retreated into his hide, as if to say, that'll teach you.

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2010 :  08:26:44  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good luck with the shed and you're an idiot but at least you're a real keeper now

Go to Top of Page

Jody McGrath
Hatchling

United Kingdom
79 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2010 :  09:18:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I sure am, but to be honest I wanted to get it out of the way. He looked like he wanted to, so I just let him get on with it.

Didn't stop me from trying to get my hand out the way and whacking it on the table, leaving me with a massive bruise. Damn they're quick!
Go to Top of Page

Jody McGrath
Hatchling

United Kingdom
79 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2010 :  09:46:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just checked on him and he's done it!!

Poor little man made a hell of a mess of it though, so i've just had to help him finish it off. I think he deserves a treat because it stressed him out quite a bit.

He looks nice and shiny and new now though!
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2010 :  11:04:11  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That was quick.

Go to Top of Page

Jody McGrath
Hatchling

United Kingdom
79 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2010 :  11:20:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He'd done most himself, but mainly in the middle, was still connected at the back and front. Looked quite funny, but i'm sure he wasn't amused. After about 10-15 mins in the water that back part slid of nicely and most of the front, bar the bit on his head.

That's the bit that stressed him out, eye caps were fine, he'd done those himself, just an awkward bit on his chin/nose that took me forever to get off. He wouldn't let me anywhere near it. To be honest I kinda wished I'd left him to do that last bit on his own. Would have saved a lot of stress.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000