Just Being A Proud Snake Mum
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AlannaJohan
Yearling

United Kingdom
162 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2010 :  09:35:09  Show Profile  Visit AlannaJohan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, I know its hardly breaking news and not going to spark any deep discussions, but seeing as my other half didn't share my excitement over the following I thought you guys might muster some enthusiasm for mine (or, well, Bruces) achievments over the last few days:

First, the introduction of a moss hide for the first time has given him a pretty succesful shed - so no bath this time around!

And second, having made the decision to move him onto rats he yesterday evening not only took the rat succesfully following a little mousey (with the heat and recent shed I wasn't sure if he'd actually want to feed at all let alone try something new) but also striked in front of me for the first time (I've had to leave it in the viv for him and give him some space previously)

So yup, I'm most pleased at current and couldn't resist rambling on about it to somebody. Yay Bruce

Alanna
With Maya, Stan & Lucie (Alaskan Malamutes), Bruce (Royal Python) and Keith (fiance, lol).

Edited by - AlannaJohan on 11/07/2010 09:39:46

Jody McGrath
Hatchling

United Kingdom
79 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2010 :  11:07:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aaah bless. They do make you proud. I had the joy of watching mine spend 15 mins trying to eat a mouse sideways yesterday. He did it, eventually!

Wasn't sure he'd feed after his shed in the morning, he was quite stressed. Or maybe that was me, he made a bit of a mess of it, so had to go for a soak to sort it out. Greedy git ate two again!

Bought some rats for him to move on to next, so if he behaves like normal he'll wolf those down no problem.
Go to Top of Page

hodgie
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1197 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2010 :  13:27:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AlannaJohan

So yup, I'm most pleased at current and couldn't resist rambling on about it to somebody. Yay Bruce

Ramble away

Royals owned "lots"

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2010 :  13:36:27  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Excellent

Go to Top of Page

AlannaJohan
Yearling

United Kingdom
162 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2010 :  15:51:40  Show Profile  Visit AlannaJohan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys. I was watching him lazing by his water bowl having a good old digest earlier and still made me grin like a cheshire cat

Alanna
With Maya, Stan & Lucie (Alaskan Malamutes), Bruce (Royal Python) and Keith (fiance, lol).
Go to Top of Page

Robert
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
957 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2010 :  22:14:40  Show Profile  Visit Robert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Congratulations :)

Go to Top of Page

Lettsy1
Yearling

United Kingdom
147 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2010 :  17:14:22  Show Profile  Click to see Lettsy1's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
its fab when it all comes together, the waitin and sorting out is the hardest bit and its good to come on here n share the success (along with the frustration!) my other half just rolls his eyes at me now, but in all honesty its so good when they do summat they should cos u know theyre happy. ( i find myself talking to my snakeys too, but tend to shut up rather quick when hub is around, dont wanna get carted off to the loony bin!)

1.1.0 Royal (Dash,Sheba & Ditto)
1.1.0 Western Hognose (Frank & Grace)
0.0.1 Snow Corn (Ghost)
Go to Top of Page

AlannaJohan
Yearling

United Kingdom
162 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2010 :  12:24:00  Show Profile  Visit AlannaJohan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Robert & Lettsy! And glad I'm not the only one who decides to have a bit of a natter with them, heehee!

Alanna
Go to Top of Page

chris100575
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
743 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2010 :  10:27:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats! I feel the same way when Princess feeds, especially when she has a good strike as usually her aim is rubbish.

I talk to them too.

0.1.0 Royal Python - Princess
0.1.0 BCI - Feather
Go to Top of Page

AlannaJohan
Yearling

United Kingdom
162 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2010 :  11:40:13  Show Profile  Visit AlannaJohan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yay Chris! Its good to know we're all a bit mad

And on another note Bruce took his second rat succesfully yesterday. What a good lad he is

Alanna
Go to Top of Page

Lettsy1
Yearling

United Kingdom
147 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2010 :  17:37:33  Show Profile  Click to see Lettsy1's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chris100575

Congrats! I feel the same way when Princess feeds, especially when she has a good strike as usually her aim is rubbish.

I talk to them too.

Hmmmmm, me, AlannaJohan and chris 100575. Wonder who else will admit to talking to them too!! think we should start a thread for this one, see how many of us are loons!!!!

1.1.0 Royal (Dash,Sheba & Ditto)
1.1.0 Western Hognose (Frank & Grace)
0.0.1 Snow Corn (Ghost)
Go to Top of Page

AlannaJohan
Yearling

United Kingdom
162 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2010 :  13:24:47  Show Profile  Visit AlannaJohan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lettsy1

Hmmmmm, me, AlannaJohan and chris 100575. Wonder who else will admit to talking to them too!! think we should start a thread for this one, see how many of us are loons!!!!

I think you would find a surprising amount. I'm certain even the most stoic of us must have a quick whisper every now and then, lol.

EDIT:
Oh wait - you *did* find out!! See - we're all loons

Alanna

Edited by - AlannaJohan on 25/07/2010 13:30:02
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000