New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jody McGrath
Hatchling

United Kingdom
79 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2010 :  22:42:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So proud of him, had his first rat today, no problems whatsoever. He is a little pig, I swear he'd eat every day if I let him!

And he is starting to eat his food properly now, after going a couple of times rear end first he is going head first every time now, bar the other day, where he actually decided to eat a mouse sideways. Took him 15 mins!

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2010 :  22:51:08  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Congrats, if you want to help him choose where to eat from you can super heat the head with a hair drier to help him aim.

Go to Top of Page

Jody McGrath
Hatchling

United Kingdom
79 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2010 :  23:14:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've done that from the start, he's just awkward and likes to wind me up. I did lots of research before I got him so picked that one up straight away. It was also the first time he fed without being in his hide. He's never gone for food if he's not in there.

I persevered tonight and was treated to two nice strikes. Very happy.
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2010 :  07:00:25  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like he's happy.

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2010 :  07:57:47  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
bullet fed last night out his hide, the last 2 times he was in his hide, and fed in his hide, but last night he was roaming his cage, so i fed him outside his hide, and he was happy, apart from when i tried to put the lid back down, may have done that a bit to fast for him, think i startled him

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

AlannaJohan
Yearling

United Kingdom
162 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2010 :  12:22:23  Show Profile  Visit AlannaJohan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Congrats. I'm fast realising theres nothing like a successful feed when it comes to royals - they do, after all, like to keep us on our toes with it

Alanna
With Maya, Stan & Lucie (Alaskan Malamutes), Bruce (Royal Python) and Keith (fiance, lol).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000