Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Photos
 More of Kanu, the dustbin (picture heavy)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jody McGrath
Hatchling

United Kingdom
79 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2010 :  22:43:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Welly
Yearling

United Kingdom
423 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2010 :  23:45:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love the pictures of him wound round the tree

0.1.0 Royal Python
0.0.1 Mexican Black King
1.0.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa
Go to Top of Page

hodgie
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1197 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2010 :  11:36:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice pictures, looks like you could move up a few sizes on his food though.

Royals owned "lots"

Go to Top of Page

Jody McGrath
Hatchling

United Kingdom
79 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2010 :  11:52:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Funny you should saythat, I saw the pics Lee put up of the different sizes and what I believed to have been feeding him as rat pups was actually the smallest rat on there. Not happy with the pet store at all. Looks like others are falling for the same. Wish I had seen those pics before!
Go to Top of Page

IncurableFlirt
Yearling

USA
319 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2010 :  19:00:22  Show Profile  Send IncurableFlirt an AOL message  Reply with Quote
OMG, he is adorable! I really love those pictures of him in the little tree. I agree on the food size, though. Little guy could definitely stand to have a bigger rat.

Jenn.
11.8 Ball pythons
1.0 BCI boa
1.0 Brazilian Rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

Jody McGrath
Hatchling

United Kingdom
79 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2010 :  19:57:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys, really appreciate the advice and also the compliments.

I feel so bad, I started off on fuzzy mice after some bad advice so started feeding him double until they were gone, bought the rat pups after being told to move him on to them. Was a bit unsure as they didn't really look that much bigger. Fed him two of those last night as I just want to make sure he's getting enough., although I'm sure he'd eat more if I offered! He's greedy!

I'll just give him double of those until they're gone and move him up a size, again something I have been advised to do s just buy a small amount of each as he'll move up to the next size fairly quickly, before evening out.
Go to Top of Page

hodgie
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1197 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2010 :  22:14:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jody McGrath

He's greedy!

This may not be 100% true, as he may not be getting enough, now im not implying for one minute that thats your fault because it clearly isn`t. You need to buy rats that are 10-15% his body weight. You`d be surprised how much they can stretch their little jaws As a rough guide use the wieghts ratio, but they can also comfortably take a rat thats as wide as the widest part of their own body. hope this helps.

Royals owned "lots"

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
Yearling

United Kingdom
300 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2010 :  23:58:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hes sweet - just becareful feeding him on the substrate directly - might be an idea to put some newspaper/kitchen towel down or something to stop bits getting stuck on the food, or maybe try feeding in a separate tub

Sigs by lucifer
2.1 Cornsnakes: Montana (Carolina), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender).
2.0 Royal Pythons: Q & Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun King Snake: Simba
Go to Top of Page

AlannaJohan
Yearling

United Kingdom
162 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2010 :  13:08:00  Show Profile  Visit AlannaJohan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Fab royal; looks so full of character (and like everybody else said, so cute wrapped round the plant)!

Alanna
With Maya, Stan & Lucie (Alaskan Malamutes), Bruce (Royal Python) and Keith (fiance, lol).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000