My female royal???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filardimarg2
Hatchling

United Kingdom
50 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2010 :  16:13:32  Show Profile  Click to see filardimarg2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
In May i bought a female royal, I was told she was from a guy who was scared of her, as she would strike at her food he would snatch it away, (he thought she was striking at him, not the food) so he took her into Elite Reptiles. Matt said she fed on the night she arrived & then again 5 days later, i bought her the next day.
So that was 23rd May, she refused for me on 30th of May,9th,17th,her viv had to be moved then so didn't try her agin till 7th, inbetween those times, she shed, on the 7th of July, she took a weaner rat, but has again refused since.
The last twice i tried to feed her she was striking at me, not the rat also if i walk past her viv, she will strike at the glass. She also struck at me when i changed her water, now nothing has changed, temps are no different, can anyone tell me why she is doing this please. She is 08 & weighed in at 447g, (when i got her)
Marg.
Sorry about the length of this.

Lettsy1
Yearling

United Kingdom
147 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2010 :  17:37:20  Show Profile  Click to see Lettsy1's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hiya, just a thought but has her viv been moved to a room with loads of ppl walking thro? It doesnt seem to affect my little one but it could your female, especially as she has moved around a bit in a short time. maybe try covering her viv to let her settle more... i dont know otherwise but i'm sure you will get a more knowlegeable answer soon!

1.1.0 Royal (Dash,Sheba & Ditto)
1.1.0 Western Hognose (Frank & Grace)
0.0.1 Snow Corn (Ghost)
Go to Top of Page

filardimarg2
Hatchling

United Kingdom
50 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2010 :  18:49:45  Show Profile  Click to see filardimarg2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yes, the viv has been moved to another room, but not to a busy room, only a bedroom, so not a lot of people through it, but i will try covering the viv. Thanks.

Go to Top of Page

hodgie
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1197 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2010 :  19:52:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It may just be your Royal. My male Fire will strike at any time. Like yours his previous owner was petrified of him and he wasn`t kept in a proper way, only had one hide. i only change his water when he`s asleep (yep im a coward) when i need to clean his viv i have a little pole with a piece of cardboard on it and after removing the glass i touch the cardboard lightly against him and he retreats into his hide. I can then safely pick up his hide and lift him up. I find this is the best way as i dont want him to hurt himself if he does latch onto me. I generally go into the snake room twice a day so they have minimal stress.

Royals owned "lots"

Go to Top of Page

hodgie
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1197 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2010 :  19:55:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
By the way, i forgot to say that i cover 2/3rds of his glass with a small towel so even in the daytime its still not to bright for him.

Royals owned "lots"

Go to Top of Page

hodgie
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1197 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2010 :  20:22:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a little vid to show how some snakes are different to others.
http://www.youtube.com/watch_videos?more_url=%2Fmy_subscriptions&video_ids=CaEGEr5FIwA%2Crxd5vZ3_v98%2CbIGus8Ssp-U%2CTjE58KiYRfM&type=1&feature=sub&no_autoplay=1

Royals owned "lots"

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000