Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  20:58:46  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Great work, have put your latest version in the DIY section, thanks.

Go to Top of Page

carr13
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  02:01:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool and thanks BE, hope it get's others making cool stuff for their snakes as well. Our snakes certainly seem to like them, now we just need more snakes so I can make more lmao or is that just an excuse to have more snakes mmmmmmmm either way I'm happy lol.
Go to Top of Page

chris100575
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
743 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  08:43:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those look great! How big do you reckon you could make one before the clay's weight was too much for the structure?

0.1.0 Royal Python - Princess
0.1.0 BCI - Feather
Go to Top of Page

carr13
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  11:19:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Chris, well I made those ones for the babys that we have and the one in the post in the DIY section I made for them when they get a bit bigger but I'm gonna try to make a larger one for our 10 year old Butters. I'm thinking that as long as it has a base and I don't try to make it to tall it should be fine well fingers crossed lol. Also making sure it has support whilst drying could help the stability and make sure it doesn't sag but I won't know untill I try lol will let you know how it goes with a larger model
Go to Top of Page

chris100575
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
743 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  12:04:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm thinking that if it's possible, it would look much better than washing-up bowls when my boa gets bigger.

0.1.0 BCI - Feather
Go to Top of Page

carr13
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  13:04:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been thinking about that myself, my OH wants to get boas in a couple of years after we have our royal collection properly established, so I was wondering myself if I could make hides big enough for boas, I take it you use washing up bowls then? So it would have to be about that large mmmmmmmmm will have to think about this one but I reckon its poss. If you try it let me know how it goes hun. Deffo gonna give that one some thought
Can I ask Chris are boas like royals and like a selection of hides or are they less shy and hidey than royals?
Go to Top of Page

chris100575
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
743 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  14:33:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My boa's only a year old so she's still quite small, she won't need washing up bowls for another year or two. Boas are a lot less shy and hidey, she quite often sleeps on top of her hides, or just ligged out in the middle of her RUB. She also never misses a feed, and seems to like being handled. If the adult size doesn't put you off I'd highly recommend them.

0.1.0 BCI - Feather
Go to Top of Page

carr13
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  14:56:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought they wouldn't be as shy as royals, the size doesn't put me off to much lol though I do prefer royals it's my OH that hankers for a boa, I have told him we have to wait until at least some of the kids move out as I'm sure we will need a room for the boa viv's rather than having them in our living room as they will need more space than the royals once fully grown. Thanks for the info chris your a star
Go to Top of Page

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  16:18:59  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Carr, they look fab....you've inspired me too. I work in an art dept at school so might have to give myself a creative detention!

0.1.0 Royal Python - Florence
1.0.0 Boa Constrictor - Boris
1.1.0 Alaunts - Willow & Brochan
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  16:34:52  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Get the kids to make loads and then sell them on here! - that's legal right?

Go to Top of Page

carr13
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  17:44:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Sandi thanks, you lucky sod working in the art department bet you can get all the stuff cheep, creative detention sound like a good idea to me go for it and let me know how it goes, your snakes will love them that's for sure.

Good idea BE child labour I could make a killing lol, I've already got a couple of people who think I should sell them shame I've not really got the time to make enough to do that as it's well relaxing messing with clay, though I will deffo keep making them for our snakes as it's well cheeper than buying them I have to say and really rewarding watching the lil nippers hiding in them
Go to Top of Page

mischang
Yearling

United Kingdom
482 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  19:56:03  Show Profile  Click to see mischang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
B/E thats a great idea i second it

Go to Top of Page

heaton177
Yearling

204 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  17:09:54  Show Profile  Click to see heaton177's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
you have a very good imagination and the hides are brilliant i mght have to have a bash at some myself :)
Go to Top of Page

carr13
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  18:36:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks heaton and you deffo should it is really fun and rewarding good luck an you will have to let me know how you get on
Go to Top of Page

heaton177
Yearling

204 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2010 :  17:34:40  Show Profile  Click to see heaton177's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
im going to get some air drying clay soon and have a bash myself at it as i need a new hide because he is too big for 1 now but he loves it as he is always in it, must be because he feels secure in it or something.

may i ask what what vrnish and pint you use please, and where you got them from?

thnx in advance :)
Go to Top of Page

carr13
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2010 :  18:58:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just used normal acrylic paint, you can buy it from any place like wilkos or WHsmiths somewhere like that its not overly expensive, the varnish was just a clear non-toxic one from wilkos but i think most places that do varnish would have it again not expensive. Good luck bet it looks well good by the time you have finished.
Go to Top of Page

heaton177
Yearling

204 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2010 :  16:45:28  Show Profile  Click to see heaton177's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i hope it comes out like your 1s :) i would be well impressed if it did :)

i suppose you can use them as a damp hide aswl?
Go to Top of Page

carr13
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2010 :  17:44:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep you can that's why I made the one with the lid and base so that you could put moss in there and use it for shedding as well as a hide the rest of the time, multi purpose an all that lol. Cause they don't half over price this stuff in the shops I mean a decent sized damp hide is at least £15 if not more
Go to Top of Page

heaton177
Yearling

204 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2010 :  17:30:00  Show Profile  Click to see heaton177's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yup you are right there and the stump looks the part aswel :) will go well in a viv :)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000