New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vincent
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2010 :  18:36:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi just bought a thermocontrol 2 today but i cant seam to get it working,ive set the temp settings and the timer but its not switching the light on.Please can someone help as i havent a clue on setting it up,read the instructions but they not that helpful as theres no step by step pic guides.

Thanks Simon

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2010 :  20:30:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, you have my sympathies - thermostats don't seem to come with the clearest of instructions.

I'm afraid I have no experience of this one but try googling it - last year there was a debate on another forum about it and you may pick up some tips - also the manufacturer may provide more info online.

All the best!

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2010 :  20:58:19  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry, me neither.

Go to Top of Page

Vincent
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2010 :  22:23:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks very much for replying i think i will take this back tomorrow and buy a habistat.Any advice which one to buy as im quite new to thermostats.I use a 100w red bulb and a large heatmat in a 3ft viv which i both have on timers.I use the red bulb in the day and use the heatmat threw the night but i have trouble controllling the temps.
Thanks Simon
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2010 :  22:34:12  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Buy a dimming stat'for the bulb and use it 24/7 would be my advice, ditching the heat mat.

Otherwise you'll need two thermostats, one for the heatmat and one for the bulb.

Go to Top of Page

Vincent
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2010 :  22:37:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Blackecho will refund this confusing thermostat tommorrw and get the other one and thanks for the quick reply.
Go to Top of Page

boze
Yearling

United Kingdom
408 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2010 :  13:10:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

Buy a dimming stat'for the bulb and use it 24/7 would be my advice, ditching the heat mat.

Otherwise you'll need two thermostats, one for the heatmat and one for the bulb.

Aye, this.

It amazes me how many people are led to believe (by some shops and by a lot of websites in the states) that they need a heat mat and a bulb for their snake...

D

0.1.0. Royal (Salmissra)
0.0.1. Western Hognose (Spiderman)

quote:
Originally posted by ruxpin64
I'm so happy I may lay on my back and pee in the air like a baby!

Go to Top of Page

Vincent
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2010 :  15:01:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had the heatmat as i used them on both of my royals from 6 weeks old,thought i use the heatmat in night cause it gets cold where i live in the nights.But job done got my new thermostat and no more rubbish temps :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000