Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Janos
Hatchling

United Kingdom
77 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2010 :  11:14:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey all.

Just a random question...my royal has decided he likes sleeping on top of his hide for the last few days. Should I be concerned? >.> It just seems rather odd.

0.1.0 - 08 Anerythristic Corn Snake
0.1.0 - 08 Normal Leopard Gecko
1.0.0 - 09 Normal Royal
Python
0.0.1 - 09 Sinaloan's Milksnake

fiestastlou
Yearling

United Kingdom
201 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2010 :  15:07:19  Show Profile  Visit fiestastlou's Homepage  Click to see fiestastlou's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ours does it occasionally, and seems fine lol i hope theres nothing wrong with it! lol

09 Royal Python normal - Cecil
10 Royal Python Spider - Skye
09 Amel Corn - Syd
10 Snow Corn - Jenny
10 Butter Motley Corn - Philip
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2010 :  15:24:35  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
At the hot end? - Mine do this to bask sometimes.

Go to Top of Page

mischang
Yearling

United Kingdom
482 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2010 :  20:57:26  Show Profile  Click to see mischang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lol i have one that thinks he is a tree snake and falls asleep on a branch and falls of all the time its only 6 inches off ground now , it was higher but i lowered it, supose its a bit like us sleeping on top of quilt hehehe

Go to Top of Page

Aaronjg
Hatchling

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2010 :  19:39:10  Show Profile  Visit Aaronjg's Homepage  Click to see Aaronjg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My royal (no name yet...)only had him a few days nd he`s spent the last few hours in the hide on cool side nd every so often he keeps poking his head out then going back in, is it normal for him to spend so long on the cool side (26oC) and to keep popping in and out..

Many thanks Aaron

(im sure its nothing to worry about but just to make sure)

~AJG~

0.1.0 Corn Snake - Crystal

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2010 :  19:49:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aaronjg

My royal (no name yet...)only had him a few days nd he`s spent the last few hours in the hide on cool side nd every so often he keeps poking his head out then going back in, is it normal for him to spend so long on the cool side (26oC) and to keep popping in and out..

Many thanks Aaron

(im sure its nothing to worry about but just to make sure)

He'll still be exploring - shows he's alert. My lad's favourite hide is on his cool side. I was going to say it's going to be warmer at this time of year ... um, well ...

Go to Top of Page

Aaronjg
Hatchling

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2010 :  20:02:25  Show Profile  Visit Aaronjg's Homepage  Click to see Aaronjg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks, you must be getting annoyed at me be so precautious and asking all these questions but i just want to make sure everythings allright

:)

~AJG~

Go to Top of Page

Breezy Breslin
Hatchling

United Kingdom
70 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2010 :  22:25:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mischang

lol i have one that thinks he is a tree snake and falls asleep on a branch and falls of all the time its only 6 inches off ground now , it was higher but i lowered it, supose its a bit like us sleeping on top of quilt hehehe

mine does that 2 apart from the falling off bit

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2010 :  23:12:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aaronjg

Thanks, you must be getting annoyed at me be so precautious and asking all these questions but i just want to make sure everythings allright

:)

Not at all, better to ask than worry - though I'm no expert - have had corns for a while but I'm only a month ahead of you with royals. All the best!

Go to Top of Page

Aaronjg
Hatchling

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2010 :  23:54:40  Show Profile  Visit Aaronjg's Homepage  Click to see Aaronjg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks mate Appreciate it and gud luck with urs

~AJG~

Go to Top of Page

Robert
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
957 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2010 :  09:36:07  Show Profile  Visit Robert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mine also do this from time to time and is quite normal

Go to Top of Page

heaton177
Yearling

204 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2010 :  18:08:46  Show Profile  Click to see heaton177's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
mine sometime spends days in 1 hide but normaly after i handle him and put him back in he goes into a hide n when he thinks everyone has gone he goes int the other 1 lol. must be so you dont no where they are lol.

he sometimes pops his headout aswl he will be just being nosey lol
Go to Top of Page

Aaronjg
Hatchling

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2010 :  23:11:36  Show Profile  Visit Aaronjg's Homepage  Click to see Aaronjg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
put my royal in his new viv on tuesday but he`s spent all that tym under the warm hide is this normal behaviour or shud he be out exploring but i originally got him on monday

~AJG~

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2010 :  07:02:36  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
He's probably stressed with the moving. Leave him alone for a week to recover.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000