Shedding / Possible R.i
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aaronjg
Hatchling

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2010 :  11:56:11  Show Profile  Visit Aaronjg's Homepage  Click to see Aaronjg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi guys im new to site but have been reading posts nd you all seem to be very helpful

well i bought my first royal yesterday and the bloke said he was in shed so when i got home i put him in warm water then back into his tank but i also noticed at the end of his mouth seemed really dry nd on his underbelly theres lyk slit in his skin he doesnt seem so be wanting to try nd shed any help will be appriacted

many thanks AJ

(i will try nd put some pics on later)

~AJG~

0.1.0 Corn Snake - Crystal

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2010 :  14:38:36  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hi and welcome to the forum,just leave him to it,you cant make them shed,he will do it in his own time,i wouldnt bother him for a week just change his water and no handling and he should settle in nicley and shed soon.

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Go to Top of Page

fiestastlou
Yearling

United Kingdom
201 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2010 :  15:14:25  Show Profile  Visit fiestastlou's Homepage  Click to see fiestastlou's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
just outta curiousity did the person you bought the royal off tell you to put it in warm water?

as lee said it will shed in its own time, just leave him be for a week or so to settle in, and in time he will shed :) you should only really help them when they have really bad trouble shedding :)

09 Royal Python normal - Cecil
10 Royal Python Spider - Skye
09 Amel Corn - Syd
10 Snow Corn - Jenny
10 Butter Motley Corn - Philip
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2010 :  15:26:27  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
and what do you call warm?

30C is warm to a Royal, but will feel cold to you, if it feels warm to you (~50C) it will be scolding to a Royal.

Go to Top of Page

boze
Yearling

United Kingdom
408 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2010 :  16:47:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pictures would be a massive help to rule out anything else :-)

D

0.1.0. Royal (Salmissra)
0.0.1. Western Hognose (Spiderman)

quote:
Originally posted by ruxpin64
I'm so happy I may lay on my back and pee in the air like a baby!

Go to Top of Page

mischang
Yearling

United Kingdom
482 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2010 :  21:00:41  Show Profile  Click to see mischang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
after only a day i would leave him too it as they tend to be a bit grumpy when blue or in shed and u dont want to get tagged so early in ur relationship x

Go to Top of Page

Aaronjg
Hatchling

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2010 :  23:52:23  Show Profile  Visit Aaronjg's Homepage  Click to see Aaronjg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hi guys thanks for all the advice but today i noticed him moving about lyk he was drunk nd falling backwards on its self nd not moving the hides i provide it didnt even go in them so i was going to take him back and ask cos there was sumthing jus not ryt ive kept snakes in the past so i cud tell sumthin werent ryt

but got home from work tonight and the lil fella was belly up in the water with his mouth open:( so im taking him back to find out what was the matter but thanks anyway...

(well disappointed always wanted 1 i even got a friend to set my tank up for im so it was ryt)

~AJG~

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 17/08/2010 :  07:23:27  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry for your loss.

How hot was the water you bathed him in?

Go to Top of Page

Aaronjg
Hatchling

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 17/08/2010 :  12:09:23  Show Profile  Visit Aaronjg's Homepage  Click to see Aaronjg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
the water wasnt very warm at all the ratio was 3 quaters cold 1 quater warm must av been bout 10oC approx

~AJG~

Go to Top of Page

Aaronjg
Hatchling

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 17/08/2010 :  12:25:42  Show Profile  Visit Aaronjg's Homepage  Click to see Aaronjg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi could you also let me kno to post images because ive being trying using photobucket but wen i press insert image the pop up so i cope and paste the site address witch is showing the image and then i preview it but the icon shows the that a page is broken in half can any inform me what i am doing wrong thankyou

~AJG~

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 17/08/2010 :  13:38:15  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Copy the [IMG] file from photobucket and paste into here.

10C sounds freezing for a snake, that may have caused some shock.

Go to Top of Page

Aaronjg
Hatchling

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 17/08/2010 :  13:50:06  Show Profile  Visit Aaronjg's Homepage  Click to see Aaronjg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
kk thanks but dont take ma word on it but for future referance wot temp shud the water be at?
Many thanks Aaron

~AJG~

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000