handeling
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aaronjg
Hatchling

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2010 :  01:57:45  Show Profile  Visit Aaronjg's Homepage  Click to see Aaronjg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone when i get my new royal im gonna put it straight in its viv nd leave it for a week then feed it should that be ok?

Also how often and long do you handle your RPs?

Many Thanks Aaron

~AJG~

0.1.0 Corn Snake - Crystal

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2010 :  06:36:57  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I don't really handle mine, they may come out once a fortnight / once a month. Others handle theirs up to a couple of times a week.

Go to Top of Page

hodgie
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1197 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2010 :  09:58:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used to handle my first one everyday when i got her, but after a while the novalty wore off and now i just handle mine briefly when i clean out their vivs/rubs. Im happier to just see them relaxed and contented. However i have noticed that all my females will come out if allowed, they seem to be more inquisitive, where the males will just remain still.

Royals owned "lots"

Go to Top of Page

mischang
Yearling

United Kingdom
482 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2010 :  11:14:07  Show Profile  Click to see mischang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hodgie

I used to handle my first one everyday when i got her, but after a while the novalty wore off and now i just handle mine briefly when i clean out their vivs/rubs. Im happier to just see them relaxed and contented. However i have noticed that all my females will come out if allowed, they seem to be more inquisitive, where the males will just remain still.

Same here lol

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2010 :  12:09:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got my little royal (boy named Shahi) last month and was told by someone who already had royals that I mustn't handle him until he'd had four or five feeds and settled in properly. I have corns, who are very friendly of course, and I handle them whenever they ask (subject to feeding and shedding) although this can go in phases - a snake who's friendly one week will often spend the next week snoozing. But I'd done my homework and knew that royals are different! The minute he came he went blue, so of course he was very quiet and didn't fancy eating, but now, to my relief, he's a gannet, and very curious, especially round feeding day! I confess I'd expected him to be far more timid. At the moment I always have a word with him when he's up at the viv window and I can't wait to bring him out - just for a short time at first - when he's fully settled in ... I don't know about the novelty wearing off but yes, it's one of the advantages of snakes, if you're busy you can leave them to their own devices - no need to feel guilty.

However, as you've probably guessed from the tone of this post, I'm still distinctly starry-eyed ...

Go to Top of Page

Aaronjg
Hatchling

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2010 :  13:00:01  Show Profile  Visit Aaronjg's Homepage  Click to see Aaronjg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks alot ive got a corn already wihich i handel every day apart from sunday monday nd tuesday cos Sunday is when i feed her

Thanks again

~AJG~

0.1.0 Corn Snake - Crystal

Go to Top of Page

STICKS
Yearling

United Kingdom
408 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2010 :  17:50:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there and welcome my two come out once a week to be fed and checked and then thay go back in there sep vivs thay know where thay sleep. Plus some times to much hands on can stress them out.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000