Strike at phone
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2010 :  21:35:48  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone.

I decided to weigh Valhalla today (She was about 210g) and took the opportunity to show her off a little to my girlfriend so she could get a picture for her phone, Valhalla seemed okay with being handled from what I could tell so I sat on the bed with her as she wrapped around my wrist and such before finally settling on my chest. At this point my girlfriend approached her with the camera phone and took a picture, she moved in a little closer for the second and Valhalla struck at the phone scaring the life out of us both as it was very unexpected. She was fine once I lifted her up and moved back to her vivarium to put her back in (Taking the strike as a sign for it being best to put her back in her viv)

Any insight as to what might have set her off like that? was it too soon to handle her? I realize I probably shouldn't have taken the opportunity to handle her after she refused her feed yesterday but I can't imagine that the strike was anything to do with hunger.

Thanks for any info

-Kelfezond

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/

mischang
Yearling

United Kingdom
482 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2010 :  21:45:46  Show Profile  Click to see mischang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
it would o been the heat off the camera lol or maybe a warning cant see that but u never know

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2010 :  21:54:56  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Was there a flash on the camera?

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2010 :  22:47:21  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
No flash, was just a regular camera phone.

only thing I can think was that she was scared of my girlfriend slowly approaching her with a big pink phone :P

I just really hope it's not stressed her out too much I feel really guilty :(

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2010 :  22:55:08  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sure she'll be fine.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2010 :  00:05:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes - they are tougher than you think. (Says she - chief fusspot!)

It is intriguing though, why Valhalla should have struck like that - perhaps simply the movement of the phone?

I bet she strikes next time you feed her!

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2010 :  00:11:54  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah was thinking that, she spent ages last night ignoring a mouse but get a phone out and WAM! Evil snake ^^

Go to Top of Page

Snecklifter
Yearling

United Kingdom
144 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2010 :  10:35:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't blame the snake TBH, I can't stand mobile phones either!

0.0.1 Royal 'Trowzer'
Go to Top of Page

ladyjac
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2010 :  15:47:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You say the phone was PINK .... maybe she thought 'way-hey! now thats what I call a meal - super sized pinkie' lol

Go to Top of Page

heaton177
Yearling

204 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2010 :  16:43:13  Show Profile  Click to see heaton177's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
she maybe camera shy :P

mine has struck at me befor, you might have just startled her and she paniced.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2010 :  19:51:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ladyjac

You say the phone was PINK .... maybe she thought 'way-hey! now thats what I call a meal - super sized pinkie' lol

Yeah, she might've thought you were ordering her in takeway on the smellyphone!

(And decided to grab a pizza the action ... sorry!!!)

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  11:11:29  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]
(And decided to grab a pizza the action ... sorry!!!)

Oh that was painful! hahaha

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000